Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robin Hood - film

edited January 2013 in Not Sports Related
Anyone watching this on Ch 4 - or seen it before?

Just what sort of accent is he supposed to have? Every scene it seems to be different. Seemed to start off as scouse, then Irish, then Yorkshire and then Scottish. Fully expect him to come out with a Dick Van Dyke style cocker-nee. Bizarre.

Edit: sorry, meant to say what sort of accent is Russell Crowe supposed to have?

Comments

• Sorry off been watching ladyboys
  • Filmed on Freshwater Beach in Wales the week after Harry Porter (the last one) filmed at the same place ( the shell cottage ).
  • Garry Barlow in our house hence I'm on here
  • Just asked my missus the same thing. Gave it a full hour expecting things to pick up but sadly it's still a pile of stinking doodoo.

Charlie Booker on the other hand sorry channel is doing his usual great job of laying into anybody and everybody...
  • Dreadful film. Wasted £20 seeing it at the cinema when it came out.
  • LenGlover said:

Garry Barlow in our house hence I'm on here

Blimey Len , that must be a hellava New Years Day party , i didn't have you down as 'A' lister? :-0

• edited January 2013
    From Wikipedia

Russell Crowe received criticism from the British media for his variable accent during the film. Empire said his accent was occasionally Scottish,[47] while Total Film thought there were also times when it sounded Irish.[48] Mark Lawson, while interviewing Crowe on BBC Radio 4, suggested there were hints of Irish in his accent, which angered Crowe who described this as "bollocks".[49][50][51]
  • You can't beat 'men in tights' hey off_it?
  • You can't beat 'men in tights' hey off_it?

He's not a patch on Errol Flynn, that's for sure.

• edited January 2013
    Off_it said:

From Wikipedia
    ...Mark Lawson, while interviewing Crowe on BBC Radio 4, suggested there were hints of Irish in his accent, which angered Crowe who said "Waaat ye sayin' dare, dat is absolute feckin bollix to be shure ".

• Sponsored links:

• One of the famously terrible films which originally was going to be brilliant until studio types and a big name director became involved.

The original script called "Nottingham" had the sherrif of Nottingham as the protagonist who was investigating a bunch of murders. It becomes clear that a bandit called Robin the hood is a chief suspect but the sherrif slowly learns that he's being framed. The writer had researched medieval investigation techniques to put in the script to make it as authentic as possible.

Then Ridley Scott got hold of the script and Crowe who was originally attached said he wouldn't do it unless Scott directed. Ridley Scott took one look at the script and ordered a rewrite asking where all the bows and arrows and merry men were. Terrible shame.
  • What a prick.
  • The (ww2?) landing craft were my main gripe, that is aside from it being generally shite (as all the above)
  • Just shows you doesn't it. Oscar winning leading actor, Oscar winning director and they produce between them a right load of old tosh they should have left the swords and sandles in the box after Gladiator!
  • Was great in Cinderella man and gladiator , great actor
  • a beautiful mind pretty good too, and gladiator not bad, he has his limits tho and not a patch on your Richard Burton's etc indeed in my view very few do nowadays, you could argue its a different era tho I guess
  • I take it for what it is. It's film designed to entertain. I'm not looking for historical accuracy. It's a one watch throwaway film but I enjoyed it.