Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Leon.

Love the fella to bits , gets his head into places that hurt , got taken off yesterday injured , is he going to be okay?

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant signing by Powell. And to think that last season he was seen as a backup player for us in the division below.
  • Options
    Ssssshhhhhhhhh fellas.
  • Options
    To be fair I think that Taylor and Morrison's excellent form up until the Colchester/Notts Co home games kept Cort out of the side - once he got an extended run towards the end of the season he has been first choice
  • Options
    ill get his bad point out the way first, he doesnt look massively comfortable with the ball at his feet. However, we arent looking for a Frank LeBouf....For whats needed to be a good centre back he has.

He's strong, good in the air, brave and organised.

He is prone to a slight bit of hesitation at times, but him and Morrison are a good partnership at this level.

Come across as a gentle giant off the pitch too. I like the guy.
  • Options
    I think he's been immense this season. Seems to be putting himself in the way of everything. Not pretty to watch at times but I've no issue at all with that.
  • Options
    The above two posts from VG and PITL sum it up perfectly.
  • Options
    when we played the scum, you just knew this fella wouldn't hide and would be right amongst the muck and bullets
    top player and first class attitude for us and his patience and maturity in waiting for his opportunity last season is now being rewarded
    Chris Whyte with hair
  • Options
    A true professional, never flustered and knows his limitations. He gets better with age, a vintage defender
  • Options

A true professional, never flustered and knows his limitations. He gets better with age, a vintage defender

The benefit of never having been very fast is that your style doesnt get buggered with age. In contrast Rio Ferdinand while still very good had to adjust to losing several yards of pace.
  • Options
    I have always been a big fan of Leon but he has been even better in recent weeks and is pushing Morro all the way as best centre-half at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not much to add to the posts above except I keep calling him Carl.....
  • Options
    Is Leon badly injured, he seemed to be lying on the ground for a long time?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Is Leon badly injured, he seemed to be lying on the ground for a long time?

Apparently not laying there now - so maybe not as serious as first thought?

Chances of survival - approx 100%.

;o)

• Options
    Greenie said:

He's better than Carl
    He's better than Caaaarrrlllll
    Leon Cort
    He's better than Carl
  • Options
    Cheers Oggster, it's just that he's such a hardnut
  • Options
    Oops for some reason half of my post disappeared!

• Options
    What I wanted to know was why he was taken off, as he seems such a hardnut and takes it all in his stride it must have been something nasty that happened to see him getting subbed yesterday??
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Same thing Bobby Robson used to do at Newcastle - except he would be talking to Shola Ameobi at the time. Fact!

• Options
    I heard that he has done his hamstring
  • Options
    Has had a very good season. Just gets on with it. Great game against the beast Woods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I heard that he has done his hamstring

Truely gutted , 2-3 weeks out at least i guess?

• Options
    CP said hamstring on the website so that's conservatively a fortnight, thankfully we have a Cup game for him to sit out which will minus one league game that he would have missed.
  • Options
    Late runner for POTY
  • Options
    He's been excellent for us. He might well be the slowest centre back I've seen play for Charlton but he makes up for that with good positional sense, good ability in the air and an incredible apptitude for blocking shots. He rarely gives away fouls when he jumps either because his arms are down by his sides. Good player and we will miss him.
  • Options

when we played the scum, you just knew this fella wouldn't hide and would be right amongst the muck and bullets
    top player and first class attitude for us and his patience and maturity in waiting for his opportunity last season is now being rewarded
    Chris Whyte with hair

He and Dervite were excellent at the Tool Box.