Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How have you celebrated your 'important' birthdays?

Tomorrow I turn 40. Will be a quiet day with daughters, wife and closest friend. On Sat I will take the girls to their first Charlton game!

Normally I couldn't care less about my birthdays but for some reason this one feels different. So how have you celebrated your key birthdays? It could be an 18th, 21st, 40th etc but also maybe you have gone through a lot in one year and marked your 'survival' in a special way. Please share.

Comments

• Options
    I lost my V plates on my 15th Birthday (almost 20 years ago). All the others were a bit of a blur.

Happy birthday by the way Johnny, hope you enjoy it.
  • Options

I lost my V plates on my 15th Birthday (almost 20 years ago). All the others were a bit of a blur.

Happy birthday by the way Johnny, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Brendan. Can't remember what I did on any of my birthdays. My long term memory is awful. I do have a personal rule that I will not work on my birthday.
  • Options
    Celebrated my 50th big style this year:

1st: 10 days in Boston and New York with my wife
    2nd: Big party with friends and family, including a guided city tour in a 1953 Mercedes-Benz coach
    3rd: an evening down the pub with everyone from work

Good laugh and had a great time, but I haven't bothered to add up how much it all cost us.

All the best for tomorrow and Saturday.
  • Options

Celebrated my 50th big style this year:

1st: 10 days in Boston and New York with my wife
    2nd: Big party with friends and family, including a guided city tour in a 1953 Mercedes-Benz coach
    3rd: an evening down the pub with everyone from work

Good laugh and had a great time, but I haven't bothered to add up how much it all cost us.

All the best for tomorrow and Saturday.

Congrats on celebrating in style. Money would have been a barrier here but yours sounds like something I would liked to have done. I guess I've got 10 years to save up.
  • Options
    18th at a rockabilly club in Northampton, 21st at a rockabilly club in London, 30th at The Valley - the missus paid for dinner and directors box tickets for the 2nd leg League cup game against Swindon, where we blew a 3-1 lead from the first leg. 40th in our former bar.
  • Options
    18th - Lloyds in Bexleyheath....when i showed my ID for the first time he said "happy 18th" the other bouncer said "you've been coming in here for years ya cheeky git"

21st - Epsom Derby day at the races.

30th - In 3 years time...
  • Options
    Went to Argentina to visit my girlfriends family and celebrate my 30th four years ago.
  • Options
    My wife and I both celebrate our 40ths within three weeks of each other soon. Not being ones for big parties we will probably go away for a break, perhaps Barcelona.
  • Options
    Turned 18 in Zante on holiday with my mates from school. Trying to remember that week is like trying to remember my birth.
  • Options
    Hubby's 65th birthday we went to Tombstone where he dressed up as Wyatt Earp, did some shooting and had his photo taken. Much to my surprise, I loved the place and we had a fantastic day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    21st Birthday got married in Denmark (no excuse for forgetting anniversaries)
  • Options
    Think i went for a meal with my parents for my 18th but can't remember 21st. Wife took me to Lille for my 40th. It's hers in a couple of years and looking to take her to NY.
  • Options

Hubby's 65th birthday we went to Tombstone where he dressed up as Wyatt Earp, did some shooting and had his photo taken. Much to my surprise, I loved the place and we had a fantastic day.

My favourite so far.
  • Options
    On my 18th....BHA 7 Charlton 0.......40th Charlton 2 Spurs 3 (after darren Bent put us 2-0 up).....lesson from this is don't rely on Charlton to enhance the celebration.
  • Options
    18th - T's in Erith
    21st - Sunday Sport roadshow at Circus Tavern
    30th - Party in the hall at my local

• Options
    Went up in a helicopter when I was forty.Flew over the Derby course and around the area.After that my wife had laid on a surprise party at a local hotel.I had no idea of either events,but was a fantastic day.
  • Options
    DA1DA1
    edited January 2013
    18th - Crayford Dogs with my dad
    21st - up town all night with loads of my pals culmintaing in jumping into the fountains at Trafalgar Square at sill oclock in the morning
    30th - my mates wedding reception
    40th - joint party with a good mate born a day apart in Hesketh Park Cricket Pavilion - the same night Duncan left us.
    50th - None of the above - i reckon a trip away sopmewhere with the family - i have 4 years to save up.
  • Options
    18th - The Yacht Bexleyheath
    21st - Party at parents gaff
    40th - Meal at The Kings Arms - Meopham.

In just over a year it will be my 50th- Bingo keeps calling me!!

My life is just 100% Rock n Roll partying!
  • Options
    21st in cuba with my family, apart from that they've all just been used as an excuse to go out with pals on the piss
  • Options
    18th - drinking in Blackheath and got nicked, spent the night in Greenwich nick
    21st - party
    30th - party
    40th in just over 18 months......possibly Vegas!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    18th crown and cushion Woolwich

21st my engagement party nth London

There ain't another big one till 40 all you lot writing about 30 that's not a big un it's a poxy sign that the youth think you are old
  • Options
    18th - Party at home with parents and friends
    21st - Lautrecs, Beckenham
    30th - Picnic in Regents Park with friends
    40th - Drinks in Chicago
    50th - Potentially the Olympics in Brazil (4 years to save up and plan)
  • Options
    21st - nursing my Back to the Valley hangover from the day before.
  • Options
    18th - Thursday Party Night in Zens,
    21st - up town - Buzz Bar possibly
    30th - Barcelona, boys trip for 4 joint 30th birthdays
    40th - my first kid born week before, so a family do at home.
  • Options
    Yep
    21st at the Charlton con club
    40th Party at home
    50th Party at The Bull in Chistlehurst

my upcoming 60th I intend to have a great holiday somewhere warm, have a nice meal with the family and treat myself to a new Gibson guitar. Ah nothing like a bit of self indulgence!
  • Options

On my 18th....BHA 7 Charlton 0.......40th Charlton 2 Spurs 3 (after darren Bent put us 2-0 up).....lesson from this is don't rely on Charlton to enhance the celebration.

The only time I've gone to a match on my birthday, we lost 3-1 to Ipswich.
  • Options
    For a certain landmark: Hired the Valley Boardroom for a party with family and friends on the Sat night, then watched young Kevin Lisbie score a hat-trick as we beat Liverpool the next day on my actual birthday...
  • Options
    Happy birthday for tomorrow, have a great day.

18th - nothing
    21st - nothing
    30th - nothing
    40th - Vegas with mates for long weekend and then New York with wife for another long weekend

wife's 40th - bought her a day at Mandarin Oriental spa, followed by 'having her hair done' across the road at Harvey Nichols, then dinner at Hakkassan for the two of us. Then, a few days later, went for dinner with a group friends (Spread Eagle 'private dining room' in Greenwich and was surprsingly good) where I/we paid for all the booze (bribed our friends to come)..

Got 8 years to think up (and save up) something for 50th..
  • Options
    18th - Had a party at a hall in Lee, week before I left home for Uni. Was brilliant.
    21st - Went to Malia with my mates from Uni.

Have just done mostly big nights out since then, my most recent was my 25th which was a night in Canterbury.
  • Options
    16th - Roker Park seeing a 2-1 win
    18th - Local with my old man and TOTS in Southend with mates
    21st - Fenchurch Colony in the City with mates/work mates
    30th - Centre Parcs with a heavily pregnant wife and baby, the first signs of getting old...

Im saving up for my 40th as I need to do Vegas to tick the box.