Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millionaire Boy Racers

edited January 2013 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else see this program about sons of rich Arab families (i.e. scumbag tyrants that steal the entire wealth of their country from its people) who race their super cars around the streets of Knightsbridge at 70 miles an hour every summer?

Maybe I am being irrational here but I felt the same outrage, disgust and contempt for the people doing it, as when watching footage of Nazi concentration camps.

The response of the police is utterly shameful.

Comments

• Options
    So daddy didn't buy you a Ferrari for Christmas?
  • Options
  • Options

Are you the sad tosser who always starts discussions asking what train or bus you should take?

• Options
    I really felt for the people of Knightsbridge, its just not on, foreign people with money coming over here showing off.
  • Options

Are you the sad tosser who always starts discussions asking what train or bus you should take?

Yes that's me, are you the dick head that starts a thread because he's poor?
  • Options
    You couldn't make up the arguments and insults on Charlton life if you tried....
  • Options
    Sorry willmore but comparing Arab "scumbags" to nazi's is a load of shit especially when he's talking about bad driving!
  • Options

Sorry willmore but comparing Arab "scumbags" to nazi's is a load of shit especially when he's talking about bad driving!

Do see your point....

Read the article on the daily mail, they seem to have a never ending fountain of wonga them Arabs!
  • Options
    Not exactly related but it's a pretty big problem in China too.
  • Options
    This has been going on for years. Qatar Airways would fly the cars over for free if you purchased a first class ticket.
    Also most of the guys have their cars serviced in Europe due to the lack of experienced mechanics in the gulf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really felt for the people of Knightsbridge, its just not on, foreign people with money coming over here showing off.

Very good!

• Options
    Might take me Grand Cherokee up there next time I'm in the UK, show em what a real super car looks like! Shame I sold me Fiat Doblo LTD Cargo! Ffs
  • Options
    Show them my mk2 rs 2000 a real supacar
  • Options

Maybe I am being irrational here but I felt the same outrage, disgust and contempt for the people doing it, as when watching footage of Nazi concentration camps.

Being a show off tosser/Murdering 6 million people.

Yeah, I'd say you're being irrational.
  • Options
    My old XR 2 I in red with pepper pot wheels would push all over all them super cars
  • Options
    I saw a lot of comments on twitter last night accusing the residents of being racist, some came across as pompous but racist? I'm sure it's ok to slate others when it's not happening in your backyard, yes I love fast cars but driving like that in London is insane and something needs to be done about it.

• Options
    Glovepup said:

I saw a lot of comments on twitter last night accusing the residents of being racist, some came across as pompous but racist? I'm sure it's ok to slate others when it's not happening in your backyard, yes I love fast cars but driving like that in London is insane and something needs to be done about it.

There was that one resident who did say some things quite close to the mark. Copper even warned him about it.
  • Options
    Would the police ignore and tollerate it if it happened down your street every night for 3 months ?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Glovepup said:

There was that one resident who did say some things quite close to the mark. Copper even warned him about it.
    The comments were near the start of the show, I turned off half-way through as I was knackered.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

colthe3rd said:

Glovepup said:

The comments were near the start of the show, I turned off half-way through as I was knackered.
    As bad as the noise was and the reckless driving. I sort of found it funny it was annoying that bloke. He clearly had more of a problem with the fact that they weren't British rather than what they were driving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Glovepup said:

colthe3rd said:

Glovepup said:

As bad as the noise was and the reckless driving. I sort of found it funny it was annoying that bloke. He clearly had more of a problem with the fact that they weren't British rather than what they were driving.
    Yes me too, but we can all laugh until something serious happens.
  • Options
    Won't be laughing when one of them motors leaves the road and takes out a few innocent people.
  • Options
    Yes quite clearly a lot of the residents were confusing road traffic incidents and events with culture and race - and the programme made them look exactly what they are; pompous NIMBY's.

Wherever there is a desirable area, people with money will flock. Think of the residents of Venice, Monaco even the Isle of Man - they 'suffer' a few months of the year where it's packed with tourists or the millionaire jet set fly in to party etc. If people really don't like it, why live there?

I know of people that have made lots of money renting their properties (anything from chalets to apartments) and other assets to fabulously rich Arabs and Russians and have done very well. It's maybe not an option for everyone to leave their home for a few months a year but it is for some.

As for the speeding and reckless driving, well that's a matter for the police.
  • Options
    EGAddick said:

Yes quite clearly a lot of the residents were confusing road traffic incidents and events with culture and race - and the programmei made them look exactly what they are; pompous NIMBY's.

Wherever there is a desirable area, people with money will flock. Think of the residents of Venice, Monaco even the Isle of Man - they 'suffer' a few months of the year where it's packed with tourists or the millionaire jet set fly in to party etc. If people really don't like it, why live there?

I know of people that have made lots of money renting their properties (anything from chalets to apartments) and other assets to fabulously rich Arabs and Russians and have done very well. It's maybe not an option for everyone to leave their home for a few months a year but it is for some.

Tosh
  • Options
    EGAddick said:

Yes quite clearly a lot of the residents were confusing road traffic incidents and events with culture and race - and the programme made them look exactly what they are; pompous NIMBY's.

If people don't like people breaking the law (which could in fact kill them if it went wrong) they should move?
  • Options
    Yeah, cause they might have a bit of dough EG thinks they should buy another gaff elsewhere! Pmsl
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

EGAddick said:

If people don't like people breaking the law (which could in fact kill them if it went wrong) they should move?
    I think the point EG is making is that for some on that programme the problem wasn't with the cars but where the people are from.
  • Options
    driving like a dangerous cock...isnt that what Dartford One-Ways for on a Thursday night?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

That seemingly wasn't the main issue for the residents in the programme; it was cobbled together with the fact that the 'perpetrators' are from the Middle East, have loads of money and their cars are noisy.

I would never dispute any residents right (wherever they live) to claim that a road is dangerous or encourages reckless driving, but road traffic offences are there for the appropriate authorities to deal with.

A few of the pompous old fool's in the programme were claiming that it was 'reverse colonisation' and the area was 'ruined' because for 2-3 months every year a select bunch of foreigners frequented the same streets as they did. The archetypal NIMBY, possibly even worse.
  • Options
    Live just off the A10 happens every night but with chavs in suped up pugs and golfs