Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Skool Songs

2»

Comments

• Options
    When i was a little boy my grandad he bought me a cute little toy
    a Palace fan hanging on a string he told me to kick his f****** head in
  • Options
    Forest away 86/87...the start of Yippee Yah aaay, Yippee Yah ohh, and sung with gusto 4 days later ay Man Utd away when we won 1-0, little Mark Stuart sent us to heaven
  • Options
    Not very PC I know but still remember there ain't no black in the union jack, do dah do dah..........I won't go on, but was a popular song among the lads in the late 70's early 80's.
  • Options
    "Not very PC" being the understatement of year.

Thankfully not something we'll ever hear again from the Covered End but as you say Hastings they did get sung occasionally (mores the shame).
  • Options

Thankfully not something we'll ever hear again from the Covered End but as you say Hastings they did get sung occasionally (mores the shame).

Can't argue with that, and there were more, but lets not go there.
  • Options

I think the racist stuff was pretty half hearted and it was just a small group that would start it off.
  • Options

I think the racist stuff was pretty half hearted and it was just a small group that would start it off.

Agree, there were plenty who didn't join in with those songs.
  • Options

Forest away 86/87...the start of Yippee Yah aaay, Yippee Yah ohh, and sung with gusto 4 days later ay Man Utd away when we won 1-0, little Mark Stuart sent us to heaven

way older than 86/87 ...we were singing that at Brighton away and many other places in the early 70's
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    stonemuse said:

way older than 86/87 ...we were singing that at Brighton away and many other places in the early 70's
    then it must of been a revival as that was my 3rd full season as season ticket holder and hadn't heard it before....you must be older than me :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Heard Big Fat Pete sung at Preston Away last year
  • Options
    One goal went past Perry....

Also miss We are Charlton from The Valley, a Suzanne Vega hit from circa '90 that used to get everyone bouncing.
  • Options
    Used to hear a chant about Deano being dressed in green and being a penalty king, but no one seems to remember it at all, let alone the words.

Anyone recall it ?
  • Options

stonemuse said:

then it must of been a revival as that was my 3rd full season as season ticket holder and hadn't heard it before....you must be older than me :-)

probably lol
  • Options
    Yippie i a yippie i o
  • Options
    Yippie i a yippie i o
  • Options
    Yippie i a yippie i o
  • Options
    Yippie i a yippie i o