Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possible start for David Button tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    News shopper why can't you just cut and paste the stories when you post them?
    I refuse to go on your website due to it being full of adverts, the ultra annoying video and tracker cookies.
  • Options

I refuse to go on your website due to it being full of adverts, the ultra annoying video and tracker cookies.

Same here...

Is Button back from injury though?

• Options

At a guess, I'd say he doesn't want to cut and paste because then you don't go to their website and see the adverts and get tracked.

• Options
    I imagine they need to get the hits on the website
  • Options

Snap.

I don't mind the visual ads, but being bombarded by noise is too much for me.

• Options
    Stig said:

Snap.

I don't mind the visual ads, but being bombarded by noise is too much for me.

Agree. I think the audio ads have a negative effect on many people but the OP should know. My office computer doesn't have sound without phones but when I go to the site on the laptop I immediately hit the mute button.

But understand they want the hits.
  • Options

Same here...

Is Button back from injury though?

on bench at Watford and last home game too I think

• Options
    The only reason NS posts in the first place is to get more visits to their site and that's fair enough IMO.
  • Options
    There is nothing I can do about the ads but there is a way of permanently silencing the noise so you don't have to hear it every time you visit our site. I will clarify with our website editor next week exactly how you can do it as it is a while since I silenced it on my computer.
  • Options
    Back to Button, he's the player to keep things together tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Back to Button, he's the player to keep things together tomorrow

Shame he doesn't play up front, should be good playing in the hole :-)
  • Options

Agree. That pathetic video that starts up stops me clicking on the link.
  • Options
    any of you guys ever heard of AdBlock? ;-)
  • Options
    I run firefox with ad-block so don't have any issues with that site. Maybe others should try it?..........
  • Options

There is nothing I can do about the ads but there is a way of permanently silencing the noise so you don't have to hear it every time you visit our site. I will clarify with our website editor next week exactly how you can do it as it is a while since I silenced it on my computer.

Cheers NS.

• Options
    Turn the speakers off?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Turn the speakers off?

What? And not listen to my music!!!!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

+1

• Options

sam3110 said:

+1

Just tried it. Didn't work :-(
  • Options
    For those hoping for a cup run... I think this may well be a sign of the team we're going to field tomorrow ;)
    sam3110 said:

Read my mind! I used a friends laptop recently and was shocked by adverts - I forget about them now. Adblock is awesome.

As for the News Shopper; I just checked it out using another browser. I can't blame them trying to monetize the site - that's fair. However the level of advertising seriously degrades user experience; and it's ashame as I don't mind giving it a browse.

From a techy point of view; it must also kill lower powered/older devices too - as well as break in certain browsers.

Generally I know the news shopper posts just links, but i read the discussion and most of the time I get the gist of the article anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

I use adblock, running Chrome. It doesn't stop the video from playing.
  • Options
    A good way of silencing the noise is to turn your speakers off.
  • Options
    how about someone that doesnt mind the audio spam, copys the report across ?
  • Options
    I think that would be pretty cheeky.
  • Options
    Thought he played well today - vocal keeper and wasn't afraid to come and claim the ball.
  • Options
    Looked very good to me, great back up and one for the future.
  • Options
    Agree with the above. Nice to know we have a decent replacement (abiet on one performance) for Hamer is he's not around for whatever reason.
  • Options
    Amazing to think that he is 23 and we are the 13th club he has played for!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Amazing to think that he is 23 and we are the 13th club he has played for!

Really, must be all loans though right, thought he's come straight from Spurs and through their system?

• Options
    Good as backup, probably won't be pressing all that hard for a starting place just yet though. Hamer still first choice for me by some considerable distance.