Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Games

anyone know how many times were are contracted to appear live this season ?? - I had 3 in the back of my mind but not sure if that is right.

If it is then we are due at least 2 more - just wondered which ones they may show now that Millwall is a 12.30 start ?

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking about this myself over Christmas. We had more matches on the telebox when we were in league one!
  • Options
    We don't want them thanks. crapy kick off times and we hardy ever win.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I was thinking about this myself over Christmas. We had more matches on the telebox when we were in league one!

That's what I was thinking. I mainly see Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds on tele at the moment.
  • Options
    I'd like to see upcoming televised games as away matches that I won't be going to.
  • Options
    I think that in the bottom two divisions the maximum number of times they can show one team in the league is three, hence our final live appearence in our championship winning season was on New Years Eve - great planning Sky... As a big fish in a little pond we got FA cup and JPS live games, plus the two play off games we prefer to forget. If there is a minimum number of appearances for Championship clubs it is probably just one. I think there is a minimum number for the Prem. Of course as an overseas fan, the more live games the better, sorry Beds... :-(
  • Options
    The first televised matches of the 2013/14 season have been revealed and three of the six special anniversary fixtures have been selected by Sky Sports for live coverage on the opening weekend.

First up, Sheffield United and Notts County will get the new campaign under way at Bramall Lane at 7.45pm on Friday 2nd August. The game will see the world's oldest Football League club visit the world's oldest professional football ground with the hosts, Sheffield United, under the watchful eye of one The League's newest managers, David Weir.

At lunchtime on Saturday 3rd August, Burnley and Bolton Wanderers will meet each other for a 12.45pm kick-off. The game at Turf Moor, one of only three grounds that were used in 1888/89 season that are still in use today, will see two of The Football League's founder members start campaigns that they hope will be an improvement on their respective 11th and seventh placed finishes last season.

On Sunday at 4pm it is then the turn of fellow Football League founders Derby County to welcome Blackburn Rovers to Pride Park for their opening Championship fixture.

If three days of consecutive League football isn't enough for you after the summer break, then fear not because on Monday and Tuesday night attentions will turn to the Capital One Cup.

Getting the 2013/14 competition started will be Preston North End, the undefeated League champions of the inaugural season in 1888/89, and Blackpool.

The Tangerines went out at the first hurdle last season after losing at home to Morecambe so they will be keen to progress further in another opening-round Lancashire derby. Preston knocked out fellow Championship sides Huddersfield Town and Crystal Palace last term, before bowing out to Middlesbrough in the third round.

It is then the turn of Morecambe themselves to appear in front of the cameras on Tuesday night. They host Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Globe Arena for a 7.45pm kick-off.

After a few nights break, the Sky cameras will be broadcasting their first League 2 fixture of the new campaign when Portsmouth, back at that level for the first time since 1980, make the long trip to Accrington Stanley for a 12.15pm kick-off on Saturday 10th August.

Championship Play-Off semi-finalists Leicester City provide the venue on Sunday for their 4.30pm match against Leeds United. The Whites finished last season in 13th spot, seven points and six places behind their opponents and this match against the Foxes will provide a good early marker for Brian McDermott's side.

These matches will mark the start of Sky Sports biggest ever season of live football with coverage, featuring all eight founding clubs still in The League.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports said: "The new season kicks off here on Sky Sports with a feast of live football for our viewers. Seven live matches in 10 days is the perfect start for our biggest ever season of football.

"We're honoured to be part of the celebrations for The Football League's 125th anniversary. We also can't wait to see if anyone can emulate Bradford's stunning achievements in last season's Capital One Cup too.

"With fixtures from all three divisions and some intriguing cup ties, these opening live matches again show why football on Sky Sports has never been stronger."

For the full list of televised games please click here
  • Options
    Wait till you play Leicester or Leeds - they always seem to be on.
  • Options
    I predict we will be on TV 4 times this year:
    QPR away
    Wigan Home
    Blackburn away
    Leicester Away
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Wait till you play Leicester or Leeds - they always seem to be on.

& Newcastle.

(Sorry, thats next season).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

QPR away
    Wigan Home
    Blackburn away
    Leicester Away

never really many champ games live on sunday when prem is on
  • Options
    Mike said:

QPR away
    Wigan Home
    Blackburn away
    Leicester Away

never really many champ games live on sunday when prem is on
    No, won't be wigan. I think millwall at home in september might be though, as I read somewhere, can't remember where though, that they have to show at least 1 home game a season, and that's all they have to show, like last season.
  • Options
    Leeds v Massives now picked as a live game
  • Options
    That's Leeds now on a THIRD time in August, and QPR's second, with Leeds v QPR on 31 August picked for sky.
  • Options
    I thought that it was a minimum of once a season for Championship teams, with Premier League teams being a minimum of 3 times a season. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    Ross said:

I thought that it was a minimum of once a season for Championship teams, with Premier League teams being a minimum of 3 times a season. I could be wrong though.

Every championship team will have a home game on sky at least once a season, don't have to be shown away.
    Not too sure what the tv rules for Prem teams are, though I think it's about 3 or 4 times as well.

• Options
    Have to get Leeds on the box early before they fade into mid table indifference
  • Options
    It's all a bit northern biased isn't it.
  • Options
    danny_m said:

That's Leeds now on a THIRD time in August, and QPR's second, with Leeds v QPR on 31 August picked for sky.

They have to get the Yorkies on early in the season. Sky subs are going up "by up to 10%" as at September 1st, So they'll all be ditching their Sports package!

• Options

It's all a bit northern biased isn't it.

the crucible and cradle of professional football, cricket and rugby