Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking down Wembley Way, to see the...................

So f....d off, with my family, ain't never going to happen, 51 this week.

Comments

• Options
    I often think that too. Playoff final is our best shout but no time soon methinks.
  • Options
    At least I have had the pleasure of two trips down Wembley way to see the Addicks in my lifetime. It was hard to get too excited about one of them. I am not banking on a third but the playoffs seem the only hope.

Interesting how we couldn't even manage it in the paint pot cup with only L1 and L2 sides to beat.
  • Options
    That Blackburn game was dreadful, also have seen Dartford at Wembley.
  • Options

also have seen Dartford at Wembley.

Heard they were expanding the town centre, but that is ridicoulous!

• Options
    Our best bet was last year in the JPT
  • Options
    Bought the bullet and thought Charlton (perhaps) are not going there again in my lifetime , so went during the Olympics , and also to see England play last year.
  • Options
    I think there is a decent chance we will play there again in your lifetime with as people have mentioned- the play offs.
  • Options
    Playoffs are a definite possibility. Maybe we'll have a proper go at JPT next time we're down there, the list of winners includes many similar clubs to us, e.g.
    Birmingham
    Wolves
    Bolton
    Stoke
    Bristol City
    Swansea
    Southampton (under Pardew!)
  • Options
    That Blackburn game if I remember was shite, gonna have to dig program out now can't remember the year,88 I think.
  • Options
    We were a penalty shoot out away 2-3 years ago. How many of the 92 are still yet to play at Wembley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nfl
  • Options
    Only time i've been there was to see the Daggers beat Rotherham 3-2 in the league 2 play offs.
    Not sure we'll be there for a charlton game for some time.
  • Options
    Still holding out that i won't go to anything there at the new Wembley until it's with Charlton for the first time, really thought the JPT last season would be the time.
  • Options
    We had 98 the biggest game I will ever see
  • Options
    See a gig.
  • Options

We had 98 the biggest game I will ever see

it's never enough .... i mean it can't get better than that
  • Options
    Yes in our charlton world oooah the fact remains its not a major trophy .
  • Options
    Might not be a major trophy but we still won the greatest football match to be played at the home of football.

Still would of been miles better if it had been the FA Cup final but it's something.
  • Options
    Think there has been about 60 club teams to have played at New Wembley.
    This includes non league clubs in FA VASE / fa trophy etc.

Cant find a definitive list though.
  • Options
    Never said it was enough chaps but it certainly has made me feel a lot better since

Old Wembley
    Full
    Great game
    Goals
    Victory
    Wembley way the old not new

Proper football stadium