Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Huddle Before Kick Off

So, every game the players get into a huddle just before the game starts.

What does the captain say ?

"It's the FA Cup lads. Best cup competition in the world. Lets really start out fast, close them down, play a high pace and really go for it. Come on. This is our year ! "

OR

"Lads, just 90 minutes before we can go out on the lash. Don't try too hard because we'v got a late one tonight and we want you at your best. No one will notice.."

Substitute whatever phrase you like. Either way what the hell is that huddle for ?

Comments

• Options
    I prefer the lash theory.
  • Options
    "Right lads, what was it the gaffer told us what to do?"
    "Dunno, wasn't listening"
    "OK, we'll just hoof it as usual then"
  • Options
    The captain has to tell a joke! It's traditional!
  • Options
    "We're not getting a win bonus today so sod em"
  • Options
    Ugh, who's been eating garlic? Yann, i'm looking at you.
  • Options

Ugh, who's been eating garlic? Yann, i'm looking at you.

Lol

• Options
  • Options
    "let's all stay here and let them play around us..."

And so it came to pass..
  • Options
    Not as stupid as running round the cones ffs. Other teams will soon be taking pictures of how we start the second half.
  • Options
    Who was it that first started doing the huddle in British football? Wasn't it Celtic under Martin O'Neil?

I think a few of the foreign sides used to do it in WC's etc but I am trying to remember who brought it over to the UK?

I think its well past its sell by date.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who farted
  • Options
    masicat said:

Not as stupid as running round the cones ffs. Other teams will soon be taking pictures of how we start the second half.

Yeah it'll probably go viral too, after all there's nothing more embarrassing than a team warming up before the start of a half ...
  • Options
    Stig said:

Yep, Yann has definately got the biggest cock!

• Options
    'put your right foot in, your right foot out. Shake it all about...'
  • Options
    masicat said:

Yes that's really stupid fancy a team trying to keep fit! We could do with more hamstring injuries!
  • Options
    Yep, running round 20 cones will keep you fit and warm you up. Usual smartarses tap away before their brains click in.....
  • Options
    masicat said:

Yep, running round 20 cones will keep you fit and warm you up. Usual smartarses tap away before their brains click in.....

Well Chris Powell is more of a 'smartarse' than you mate, so I think they know what they are doing.
  • Options
    I think the eleven players should be provided with flags and be equally spaced around the pitch and use semaphore to communicate with each other so that they are charged up for the game ahead.

Why no huddle for the second half, by the way?
  • Options
    Not just the huddle what about Hamer's little individual cuddles before kick off? Whats that about?
  • Options

Not just the huddle what about Hamer's little individual cuddles before kick off? Whats that about?

Team spirit or before certain people respond in that "Football Culture" way, it must make him a homosexual, men hugging whatever next. ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    masicat said:

When they have been in a changing room for 15 minutes they need that short sharp bursts to get the muscles and breathing going again. Makes perfect sense.

I bet a lot of top teams do the same thing but have massive changing rooms or indoor areas to do it.

oh sorry, masicat never wrong.

• Options
    masicat said:

You should get a job in football, you seem to know a lot.