Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discipline

Hi

Is anyone worried about the lack of discipline that has crept into the team in recent weeks? 3 penalties given away in successive games and now 2 red cards in 3 matches. It doesn't help the cause if we're struggling to compete in the Championship. I'd put it partly down to the extra pressure the team are having to cope with being in a higher league compared to last season when the opposition, generally, weren't creating as many chances.

Comments

• Options
    Well Saturdays red card wasn't about ill discipline Dervite aired the ball to let Beckford in and then tripped him as he was going for goal as last man it was a red card so i suppose some would argue it was "Taking one for the team" for me the real crime was missing the ball. After all that some idiots then applauded him as he went off! you couldn't make it up!
  • Options

Well Saturdays red card wasn't about ill discipline Dervite aired the ball to let Beckford in and then tripped him as he was going for goal as last man it was a red card so i suppose some would argue it was "Taking one for the team" for me the real crime was missing the ball. After all that some idiots then applauded him as he went off! you couldn't make it up!

What would you have them do ? Boo perhaps, throw rotten fruit. Verbally abuse ?

• Options
    No just let him walk off making an horrendous mistake and then getting red carded is not a reason to applaud someone.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

What would you have them do ? Boo perhaps, throw rotten fruit. Verbally abuse ?

I never clapped him off SHG absolute crazy thing to do with Cort already sidelined with injury and Taylor not match fit for this weekend v Blackpool. I said at the time I would fine him 2 weeks wages for his stupidity.
  • Options
    Thanks RedChaser that is exactly how I felt
  • Options
    To be fair, the air kick was horrendous - but I don't think he then brought him down on purposes. Beckford ran across him - as he should do - and he clipped his heels as he was running.

Didn't clap him off though. Terrible mistake which he then compounded.

As it turns out I thought we actually played better with 10 men.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Off_it said:

To be fair, the air kick was horrendous - but I don't think he then brought him down on purposes. Beckford ran across him - as he should do - and he clipped his heels as he was running.

Didn't clap him off though. Terrible mistake which he then compounded.

As it turns out I thought we actually played better with 10 men.

Agreed more urgency with 10 men but it was sh*t or bust by then. Couldn't really see from the other end but on the highlights it looks as if he also gave Beckford a little tug at the waist and naturally he went down as if a sniper had shot him.
  • Options
    Where's Yado Mambo when we need him?! Can he be recalled from his loan?
  • Options
    last_line said:

Where's Yado Mambo when we need him?! Can he be recalled from his loan?

According to OS was ill last weekend

• Options
    Stick Ajayi on the bench. How longs the game?