Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon boss Di Canio says ‘He will help pay to keep Danny Hollands on loan’

Legend.................
Paolo Di Canio has vowed to put his hand in his pocket to find the funds needed to keep promotion-chasing Swindon Town’s on-loan stars at the club.

Short-term deals for Chris Martin, Danny Hollands and John Bostock expired at the weekend and, with the Swindon board unwilling to fund extended deals, Di Canio again stole the headlines in a bid to keep his League One squad together.

Insisting he values victory more than money, the outspoken Italian told reporters: ‘I will do everything, even put in my money and I am not joking. I will put in something which is mad to keep those players.

‘Now I am here I am not a passive manager, because it is a shame to lose these players in this moment.

‘I will spend £20,000 or £30,000 and put my money in to keep them for as long as we can, because I care and I want to win. I’m sure with them we have more chance to win.’

I won’t sell my houses. But if £30,000 is enough, I’ll put it in.
Swindon have been among the biggest spenders in the lower leagues over the past 18 months but, after a Football League transfer embargo was imposed last autumn, Di Canio’s budget has been restricted. The embargo has now been lifted but the club’s owners have made it clear no new money will be made available in the January transfer window.

This news, clearly, has not gone down with their eccentric boss but Di Canio confessed even he is only prepared to go so far with his ‘mad’ gesture.

‘I am not going to sell my houses, but if £30,000 [is enough] I will put it in. [But] £300,000 is stupid,’ he added.

‘In terms of £20,000 or £30,000 I will for sure because I have ambition. I want to have less money and more success.’

Comments

• Options
    Parky did this a couple of years ago for Borrowdale but just got on with it rather than be an attention whore like Di Canio
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Parky did this a couple of years ago for Borrowdale but just got on with it rather than be an attention whore like Di Canio

Wasn't that because he didn't want his wife to find out?

I imagine this is a PR stunt from PDC to get some money it of the board
  • Options
    I thought Parkys was a loan , stumping up the dough but he was paid back ?
    Pdc sounds like he'll give it to the club (talk is cheap)
  • Options
    Parky wasn't repaid!
  • Options
    Explains why parky only had one v-neck jumper then
  • Options
    Still think its a nice gesture and shows its not all about money with PDC #legend
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Is this the same PDC who slagged off Hollands to the press? Loose cannon with inflated sense of his own importance. Pocket Mourinho with none of the class.
  • Options
    Man's a legend whatever u think about him
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Legend in his own lunchtime.
  • Options
    Mourinho just oozes class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love PDC top boy end of.
  • Options
    Fascist
  • Options

Nah, but more than Paolo Mussolini

• Options
    Blokes a legend. Top effort.
  • Options
    Im sure Parky also funded Jackson's signing the first time but this wasn't common knowledge as he really wanted to sign him.

Or my memory is crap and I dreamt that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Parky wasn't repaid!

Really ? That's abysmal if true.
  • Options
    Can believe that of parky
    Hope he does well tonight deserves it
  • Options
    Loan just extended for a further 28 days...Paolo must have coughed up!!
  • Options
    Pardew funded the signing of Varney & McLeod.
    Probably.

Good luck tonight Parky!
  • Options

Nah, but more than Paolo Mussolini

Ha spot on. Everyone seems to forget he is a self proclaimed fascist!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't know about Parky stumping up money for either player. Never rated him that highly in his time with us but he has proved elsewhere (obviously Bradford now) that he has something about him and if true that he stumped up funds and never got paid back then that was a pretty awesome thing to do so well done to the man.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

That is interesting so it would be a continuation of the short term loan,not a new loan.

Presumably we could still recall Danny at 24 hours notice.This also means Swindon couldn't renew it beyond another month unless they change the terms of the loan this month before deadline day.

• Options
    Richard J said:

TelMc32 said:

That is interesting so it would be a continuation of the short term loan,not a new loan.

Presumably we could still recall Danny at 24 hours notice.This also means Swindon couldn't renew it beyond another month unless they change the terms of the loan this month before deadline day.

Didn't have access to the club site earlier. Nothing mentioned in the story, but I believe that's usually the case.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130108-hollands-loan-extension-585738.aspx
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Im sure Parky also funded Jackson's signing the first time but this wasn't common knowledge as he really wanted to sign him.

Or my memory is crap and I dreamt that.

This one was the one that he was repaid for... good memory!
  • Options
    I did no about the Borrowdale signing, showed for me that he was a class guy even if he was not the right man to take us back up, which im not sure about but has been debated enough times.
  • Options
    I wish I'd known this was permitted back when we had Bouazza on loan. I spent 15p on a Wham bar that I could have used to fund his wages for another month.
  • Options
    Just shows lack of commitment on PDC behalf, he wouldn't sell 1 of his houses
  • Options
    I thought the Bournemouth Echo were refusing to report on AFC Bournemouth stories anymore...
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I thought the Bournemouth Echo were refusing to report on AFC Bournemouth stories anymore...

That was all resolved last April