Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Villa

Comments

• Options
    Villa have conceded 21 goals in the last 17 days!
  • Options
    Bradford have won more cup matches in this run they we have in the last 10 combined---FACT
  • Options
    Bradford have won more cup matches tonight than we have in 18 months!
  • Options
    Parkinson is probably the most successful cup manager to have once or still manage Charlton since Jimmy Seed.
  • Options

Parkinson is probably the most successful cup manager to have once or still manage Charlton since Jimmy Seed.

Didn't Bob Stokoe win the FA Cup with Sunderland?
  • Options

Shame he was so shite in the league really otherwise he'd have been a half decent charlton manager

;-)

• Options

Lennie took us to a Wembley final!

• Options
    cafcpolo said:

Bradford have now beat more Premier League teams this season than QPR.

Haha ...'tis true.

Really pleased for Parky.

Also on course for promotion - only 3 points behind 3rd automatic promotion place.

• Options
    oh God. I was SO mistaken. Parky is a football genius. How he is not managing Barca I'll never know. Personally I'll never forget Swansea away under his stewardship. Most of you won't understand seeing as you were not there. Never mind you carry on thinking how good he is, sorry for not joining in.
  • Options
    Don't bite large I ain't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Away at Swansea. You mean that game where we got a point away at a team 15 places above us?
  • Options

oh God. I was SO mistaken. Parky is a football genius. How he is not managing Barca I'll never know. Personally I'll never forget Swansea away under his stewardship. Most of you won't understand seeing as you were not there. Never mind you carry on thinking how good he is, sorry for not joining in.

Hey, Large ......it's a great night for Parky.
    No need to rain on his parade.

Parky didn't work out at Charlton.
    But tonight he and his underdogs can enjoy their moment of glory!

Me - I'm genuinely pleased for the guy.

• Options

Away at Swansea. You mean that game where we got a point away at a team 15 places above us?

Yeah that game where we were fighting, if you call it that, relegation. Game was very open and with a bit of forward thinking we could have easily had all three points, three very vital points. Instead Sir Parky decided to replace a striker with a midfielder and guess what we got a not very useful point. Same happened a week later at Reading. We went down with a whimper, we were a shambles under Parky, the squad we had should have stayed up, he was crap. He only got the job because RM thought he owed him a chance. Nice bloke, crap manager. Think what you like and make all the excuses you like but he was an unmitigated disaster.
  • Options
    Curbs would have probably done the same thing, Large.

;o)
  • Options

Great stuff Large, so glad to see you've finally joined the Phil Parkinson Appreciation Society, where do I send your badge?
  • Options

City are good at VP but poor on the road.

Still something in this semi.

VP - Valley Parade or Villa Park?
  • Options
    Valley Parade!! City ie Bradford CITY
  • Options

For a minute I thought you had seen the light ... Shame ;-)

• Options
    Really pleased for Parky - always genuienely tried his hardest for us - didn't work out so it was right to move on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I actually admire Villa for giving youngsters a chance and maybe building for the future BUT at the top level its all about money and instant results.

Its quite re-freshing to have a fairytale of a cup run like Bradford's bringing a positive story to this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013

Stone said:

The biggest shock for me is the number of white faces in the crowd!

Nice to see Racism is strong on CL. Why make this statement?

Maybe Stone meant "Why not many non-white faces in the crowd" as a lot has been done there encourage different cultures to Valley Parade, but can understand how Absurdistan could have misread it...no harm done :)

• Options

Stone said:

The biggest shock for me is the number of white faces in the crowd!

Nice to see Racism is strong on CL. Why make this statement?

Maybe Stone meant "Why not many non-white faces in the crowd" as a lot has been done there encourage different cultures to Valley Parade, but can understand how Absurdistan could have misread it...no harm done :)

Plus it is in Bradford which has a high population of a certain race. Just facts not racism!
  • Options
    I know, it's ridiculous. Bradford has a high Asian population, so you may well expect to see a number of Asians in the crowd, but I didn't see many. IMO it is not racist to make a perfectly reasonable observation.
    If I went, for example, to India on my holidays and only saw a couple of Indians & remarked upon this peculiarity, would I be racist ?

This nonsense really doesn't help to tackle racism. In fact I believe it has a negative impact.
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that if they get to the final and face Chelsea, they'll get Europa League next season? Assuming Chelsea finish in a European qualification position.
  • Options

Am I right in thinking that if they get to the final and face Chelsea, they'll get Europa League next season? Assuming Chelsea finish in a European qualification position.

I think that is only the FA Cup, might be wrong.
  • Options
    Weren't Birmingham in it through the League Cup?
  • Options
    I think you might be right Aiden.
  • Options
    But Birmingham won the league cup
  • Options
    Yeah but if they face Chelsea, it's highly likely that CFC will already qualify through the league. In which case, wouldn't it go to the runners up? Could be wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Yeah but if they face Chelsea, it's highly likely that CFC will already qualify through the league. In which case, wouldn't it go to the runners up? Could be wrong.

No, League Cup runners up dont qualify. Its goes down to PL placing.

See here