Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live Interview with Richie Bowman - Questions Please

Our guest in the studio this Saturday is Richie Bowman, any questions please?

Comments

• Options
    How much money did he earn from archery?

Sorry!
  • Options
    ouch
  • Options
    One of my favourite players when I was a nipper though PeteF. Tough little so and so!
  • Options
    Yeah I liked him too, remember Vs Preston promotion clincher I recall about 1974?
  • Options
    Was at that game brilliant all on the pitch at the end
  • Options
    I stood by the corner flag, just to the right of what is now the West Stand, I remember seeing richie being carried off on someones shoulders
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ask him 1) What it was like to play with the likes of Killer, Flash, Peacock & Powell 2) Who was the best manager he played under including Reading and Gillingham 3) How is his older brother Eddie these days (who used to be in the year below me at school).
  • Options
    Cheers Sleepy,will do
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Yeah I liked him too, remember Vs Preston promotion clincher I recall about 1974?

Wasn't Bobby Charlton their manager that night? Was Sir Bobby as gracious as ever?
  • Options
    I think he had gone by then, it was Nobby Stiles I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Stiles followed Sir Bobby into the hot seat at PNE; no worries ask who was their manager that night then :-)
  • Options
    Stiles I think.... will ask Richie, might even have KP in there too
  • Options
    Being told it was Sir Bobby in charge
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Being told it was Sir Bobby in charge

Don't beat yourself up over this Pete I've been wrong before, not often mind you :-)
  • Options
    Ha ha cheers fella
  • Options
    Is it true that the reason he left CAFC was down to his off field antics?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If memory serves aright, it was from Richie's defence splitter in the first minute that made Peter Hunt's goal in the League Cup game at Old Trafford back in '74. Did they think then that they could do it or alternatively that the final whistle looked a hell of a long way away?
  • Options
    Why did he leave Charlton for Reading?

He looked good enough for a higher level. Was it "too small" syndrome like Solly might suffer from?
  • Options
    More hair based questions for our 70/80's players please. How much time and effort was taken on that wonderful buffont hair do?
  • Options
    it was meant to be Bobby Charltons last game as player/manager before retiring as a player but did not play due to injury.well thats how remember it,can anyone confirm if my memory serves me right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richie, Chris Solly is only 5ft 3". How tall are you?