Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton

I'm sure he's a very nice bloke and a decent coach but why is this guy in so much demand whenever a job comes up?
Blackburn have now made an official approach to Blackpool for his services.

Comments

• Options
    Yes man.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I'm sure he's a very nice bloke and a decent coach but why is this guy in so much demand whenever a job comes up?

He has the right credentials when it comes to managing a Club with no money. And the Blackburn owners definitely aren't keen at parting with any of the green stuff.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    What ahead of Parky? Surely not :-O
  • Options
    Good news for us ahead of the game Saturday. Apparently there's already massive rows between Appleton and the penny pinching board there too with rumours of Appleton resigning.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

He has the right credentials when it comes to managing a Club with no money. And the Blackburn owners definitely aren't keen at parting with any of the green stuff.

Apart from the 8mil they shed out for Rhodes..
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Agree. Same goes for O'Driscol. Not a bad manager but don't really understand the high demand for him.
  • Options

Good news for us ahead of the game Saturday. Apparently there's already massive rows between Appleton and the penny pinching board there too with rumours of Appleton resigning.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire comes to mind.....
  • Options
    HahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahaha Chicken farmers
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

It's his personality :-)
  • Options
    What's the bloke done to warrant both Blackpool and Blackburn to have recent interest??
    Why would you go for Appleton and not say .... CP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whos his agent?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    edit
  • Options
    JT said:

Whos his agent?

Colonel Saunders

• Options
    Scant regard for loyalty :-O
  • Options
    Why arent any clubs going in for kenny jackett???
  • Options

Good question, I utterly hate Scumwall but you can't deny he has done a great job there and has a very good eye for a player - excluding his acquisition of a certain Therry Racon.
  • Options
    Hasn't Appleton won fewer games at Blackpool than the caretaker manager at Blackburn? Actually on that basis lets hope he doesn't go before Saturday...
  • Options
    Think his record with Blackpool explains a lot...
    P 12 W 2 D 8 L 2

Really? Since when was 14 points from 36 good enough for anyone? That's straight up potential relegation form I reckon...

Amazed Kenny Jackett's name doesn't get more links...
  • Options
    Agreed, very strange one to explain, also agree about Jackett not getting a chance. Even Bolton going for Freedman suprised me more than not going for Jackett who has been consistantly helping that lot punch above their weight.
  • Options
    I guess what Blackburn fans are going through now is the opposite of when Jack Walker arrived.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley11 said:

Apart from the 8mil they shed out for Rhodes..
    Blackburn received over £40m in broadcast fees, over £15m in parachute payments this year and £11m for the sale of Samba alone. On the basis of that alone it would appear that the owners haven't funded any purchases from their own pockets.

• Options
    Love Shebby. He was on the radio last week, has to be the biggest cock I have ever heard. Will only be a couple of years before "Should we have kept Kean?" will appear on their supporters forum.
  • Options
    Blackburn like their bald managers

Steve Kean
    Henning Berg
    Michael Appleton?

If I was Steve Gritt, I'd get my cv in :-)
  • Options
    3 observations I tweeted about this last night:

1. What exactly has Michael Appleton done/won to be in such high demand?

2. What is Blackburn's obsession with bald unproven managers? - Kean, Berg and Appleton.

3. Appleton looks very strange (shaved chimp).
  • Options
    Was thinking about this one , and agree with the above , but i think if Appleton goes to Blackburn , they will be in League 1 next season , he's only been at Blackpool 5 minutes , how much compensation would Blackpool be after?
  • Options

Pains me to say it but he's done really well at Millwall , Blackburn is all over the shop at the moment, and best avoided.

• Options
    If Blackburn want to recruit a Championship-level manager doing a good job at the moment then Jackett is the standout candidate, along with Gus Poyet to a lesser extent.

They are going to be in League 1 in 3 years tops. To hell in a handcart.
  • Options
    SHoare93 said:

Think his record with Blackpool explains a lot...
    P 12 W 2 D 8 L 2

Really? Since when was 14 points from 36 good enough for anyone? That's straight up potential relegation form I reckon...

Amazed Kenny Jackett's name doesn't get more links...

................and to add into the melting pot, their caretaker manager Bowyer has won all 3 games he has ben in charge of

• Options
    BBC Sport's Phil Cartwright on Twitter: "Blackpool winger Tom Ince confirms to BBC Lancashire that manager Michael Appleton didn't take training this morning."