Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pizza Hut Erith - who's eaten food from there ?

Pizza Hut in Bexley Road, Erith.

THE Pizza Hut takeaway in Erith is so dirty that even equipment coming out of the dishwasher is considered a health hazard, according to an inspection report.
A Bexley Council inspector found a further 16 areas and items inside the takeaway, in Bexley Road, to be unclean and at risk of contaminating food.
These included items used in the production of almost every pizza such as the pizza oven, the equipment tubs, the vegetable slicer and the fridges and freezers.
Even the telephone was so dirty it was considered to be a risk.

As a result, the restaurant was issued with an official food hygiene rating of zero, the lowest possible.
The food hygiene inspection, which was carried out at the premises on November 12 last year, also found the takeaway had failed to comply with health and safety procedures.
An incorrect temperature setting on the refrigerator storing the pizza toppings meant the foods were likely to encourage the growth of food poisoning bacteria.
Rules say the toppings must be stored at less than 8C but by 10am on the day of the visit, the temperature inside the fridge was 15C.
The floor, walls, ceiling, doors and staff toilets were all found to be in a dirty condition and staff were ordered to clean these to comply with structural requirements.

A Pizza Hut spokeswoman said: "This particular outlet was an isolated incident that has subsequently significantly improved. "It has since been revisited by an environmental health officer, who was pleased with the hygiene standards now being maintained and the delivery restaurant will be formally reassessed in the coming months.

"Health and safety is of the utmost importance to Pizza Hut and we are committed to maintaining high standards in all our branches."

Food hygiene ratings in Bexley

Pizza Hut in Erith is one of 50 premises inspected by Bexley Council to receive the lowest grading of zero, meaning urgent improvement is necessary. The council has inspected 742 outlets serving food in the borough and seven per cent have received the lowest rating.

What happens next?
Bexley Council’s inspector made a total of 13 recommendations following the inspection, which Pizza Hut must rectify before a re-inspection can be requested.
These included suggestions mops, buckets and brooms should be stored in cupboard separate from food preparation areas and disused items should be removed to minimise surfaces where dirt can collect.
The inspector concluded the report saying: "There was no evidence on site that works have been scheduled.
"In my opinion the poor structure is contributing to the poor standard of cleaning observed during the inspection."

Comments

• Surely the place should be shut down immediately whilst they make the improvements ?
  • Apparently the previous manager was so upset he ended up topping himself!
  • Having done maintenance for this company along with the restaurant group (owners of frankie and bennies , old orleans and many others) I can honestly say the state of the kitchens in most make me not want to eat there.
  • Has anyone ever eaten anything that could be considered 'food' from any pizza hut?
  • Pizza Express, forget the rest

I used Pizza Express on the South Bank recently and thought it was appalling. Maybe, I was unlucky.
  • Pizza Hut in Bexley Road, Erith.

THE Pizza Hut takeaway in Erith is so dirty that even equipment coming out of the dishwasher is considered a health hazard, according to an inspection report.
    A Bexley Council inspector found a further 16 areas and items inside the takeaway, in Bexley Road, to be unclean and at risk of contaminating food.
    These included items used in the production of almost every pizza such as the pizza oven, the equipment tubs, the vegetable slicer and the fridges and freezers.
    Even the telephone was so dirty it was considered to be a risk.

As a result, the restaurant was issued with an official food hygiene rating of zero, the lowest possible.
    The food hygiene inspection, which was carried out at the premises on November 12 last year, also found the takeaway had failed to comply with health and safety procedures.
    An incorrect temperature setting on the refrigerator storing the pizza toppings meant the foods were likely to encourage the growth of food poisoning bacteria.
    Rules say the toppings must be stored at less than 8C but by 10am on the day of the visit, the temperature inside the fridge was 15C.
    The floor, walls, ceiling, doors and staff toilets were all found to be in a dirty condition and staff were ordered to clean these to comply with structural requirements.

A Pizza Hut spokeswoman said: "This particular outlet was an isolated incident that has subsequently significantly improved. "It has since been revisited by an environmental health officer, who was pleased with the hygiene standards now being maintained and the delivery restaurant will be formally reassessed in the coming months.

"Health and safety is of the utmost importance to Pizza Hut and we are committed to maintaining high standards in all our branches."

Food hygiene ratings in Bexley

Pizza Hut in Erith is one of 50 premises inspected by Bexley Council to receive the lowest grading of zero, meaning urgent improvement is necessary. The council has inspected 742 outlets serving food in the borough and seven per cent have received the lowest rating.

What happens next?
    Bexley Council’s inspector made a total of 13 recommendations following the inspection, which Pizza Hut must rectify before a re-inspection can be requested.
    These included suggestions mops, buckets and brooms should be stored in cupboard separate from food preparation areas and disused items should be removed to minimise surfaces where dirt can collect.
    The inspector concluded the report saying: "There was no evidence on site that works have been scheduled.
    "In my opinion the poor structure is contributing to the poor standard of cleaning observed during the inspection."

Otherwise ok??

I used Pizza Express on the South Bank recently and thought it was appalling. Maybe, I was unlucky.
    I've eaten there too, and it was also crap. A lot depends on how well the franchise is run - there's one in Bloomsbury that is fantastic, but the one in Crystal Palace is shit. They vary massively from location to location
  • I think Pizza Express is hugely overpriced for what you get. I remember a few years ago going to the Soho branch and must have dropped nearly £70 on a meal for 2
  • They seem to a lot of those 2 for 1 offers etc, if you about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never order 'Spicy Pork'
  • Domino's on a Tuesday, 2 4 1!
  • DanDavis said:

I think Pizza Express is hugely overpriced for what you get. I remember a few years ago going to the Soho branch and must have dropped nearly £70 on a meal for 2

My wife loves Pizza Express but I think they've taken the very best of Italian food, thrown it out the window and created a franchise from the shit that's

• Rizzo said:

DanDavis said:

I think Pizza Express is hugely overpriced for what you get. I remember a few years ago going to the Soho branch and must have dropped nearly £70 on a meal for 2

My wife loves Pizza Express but I think they've taken the very best of Italian food, thrown it out the window and created a franchise from the shit that's

....left?
  • I never eat in a 'restaurant' with sticky tables! All Pizza Huts have sticky tables.
  • no one goes pizza express without a voucher of some sort.
  • edited January 2013
    Dan Davis did ....£70 for a meal for 2

;o)
  • Oggy Red said:

Dan Davis did ....£70 for a meal for 2

;o)

That was with a voucher, my other half loves her food haha!*

*she doesn't really

• lol Dan!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013
    Do you have the link for this covered end, there was a posting like this last year, and some local premises had a very poor rating.
    Cannot undertand the logic that these establishments are allowed to trade. Until they reach a decent level and are re-inspected every 3 months at the owners expense for the following year, things will not change. Just do not think the councils see this as important, or a priority, and the owner's know this?
  • edited January 2013
    This article was from The Newshopper. I didn't put a link, because their site tends to cause PC's to crash. The food hygiene info, I'm confident, is available on council "sites".
  • Do you have the link for this covered end, there was a posting like this last year, and some local premises had a very poor rating.
    Cannot undertand the logic that these establishments are allowed to trade. Until they reach a decent level and are re-inspected every 3 months at the owners expense for the following year, things will not change. Just do not think the councils see this as important, or a priority, and the owner's know this?

Info is available at http://ratings.food.gov.uk/search/en-GB?sm=1 Ken.

The logic is that unless there is a significant and immediate risk to the consumers health then EHO's will try to work with the business where possible to move them into a position of compliance by means of serving improvement notices, etc. There's a number of reasons which I won't bore you with not least of that the government have been very, very clear in their light touch enforcement message to regulators. It's interesting that we've been having a discussion on here this week about the public sector and here is a very good example of a service that I know from experience will be coming under huge budgetary pressures and will be making cuts like everyone else yet the public will still be expecting their local take away to be inspected at the same levels as before.

Anyway, no more politics today, just enjoy looking up the rating of your local take away...
  • See that Flavours Of Morocco, had a 0 rating in Bexley High street...... last inspected Sep 2011 ..... that is my point Bournemouth, more than a year since last inspection 'urgent improvement necessary'....... Hall Place Cafe '0' ......Pizza Place '0' Blendon Road Viceroy India '0' Bamboo,'1' cricket club'1' etc etc.... Perhaps they should be forced to post these results in the front window next to the menu as a bye law as a bit of 'motivation'. I know a lot of business's have a hard time, but most of this is probably basic hygiene.
  • used to live on hengist road and often used it never had a problem to be fair. toe nail and knob cheese stuff crust.. yum...
  • £10 for dirty cheese on mouldy toast .. no thanks
  • Hall Place Cafe '0' ......Pizza Place '0' Blendon Road Viceroy India '0' Bamboo,'1'

A low scoring weekend in the NW Kent Take Away League Division 6

• DanDavis said:

Hall Place Cafe '0' ......Pizza Place '0' Blendon Road Viceroy India '0' Bamboo,'1'

Excellent football comparison Dan,
    So using your theme you could just 'red card them'

• DanDavis said:

Hall Place Cafe '0' ......Pizza Place '0' Blendon Road Viceroy India '0' Bamboo,'1'

Funny!