Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Nice story
  • Options
    Yes, I had a similar experience with EDF Energy this week, NOT.

Nice story indeed.
  • Options
    Brilliant and such an obviously easy way to boost your company's reputation.
  • Options
    great reply, a little can go a long way!
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Good story.
  • Options
    Wonderful. Company policy or someone going the extra mile? Would love to know.
  • Options
    Lovely piece.
  • Options
    I like the boy's name .. Luka APPS .. a realtime name for the 21st century
  • Options
    I used to work at a marketing/promo company that did the Harry Potter coin collection for Asda.
    We got a long sweet letter from a little lad, probably about 8 years old, who had been trying to get hold of the last two coins to complete his collection using the tokens in the Sun. However, he explained that because his cousin suffered an asthma attack his aunty, who was going to take him shopping, was unable to do that before the deadline so he missed out on his chance to get the last pair of coins and was left with an album with two empty spaces. He wrote the letter out as neatly as he could, was very polite and had obviously gone to a lot of effort. His letter did the rounds at work, attracting lots of sympathy and the response that of course we must help the little fella. We had buckets of spare coins for just such a circumstance so, deeply touched by this letter, I replied to him as follows:

Dear James,

Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.

Unfortunately we have no vacancies at present, but we will keep your details on file and contact you should any suitable opportunities arise in the future.

Kind regards

(or perhaps we sent him a ton of HP stuff instead)
  • Options
    I found a tattered piece of paper last Saturday, a letter someone had started writing but decided not to send

"Dear sir, I took my midfield to The Valley today, but it appears to have gone missing...."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's great business by Lego. The best firm I have dealt with for customer service is Samsonite. I've a couple of ancient (at least 25 yrs old) hard shell suitcases. They lead a difficult life though. On one the wheels packed up and Samsonite sent me a replacement set - free of charge and a couple of years later the return spring on the handle broke and they sent me a replacement handle assembly, again free of charge. All on stuff that had stopped being in production 20 years ago. When I need a new case I know where I'm getting it. Trouble is, I suppose, it's possible the cases I have might out-live me and they'll not get anymore custom!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That's great business by Lego. The best firm I have dealt with for customer service is Samsonite. I've a couple of ancient (at least 25 yrs old) hard shell suitcases. They lead a difficult life though. On one the wheels packed up and Samsonite sent me a replacement set - free of charge and a couple of years later the return spring on the handle broke and they sent me a replacement handle assembly, again free of charge. All on stuff that had stopped being in production 20 years ago. When I need a new case I know where I'm getting it. Trouble is, I suppose, it's possible the cases I have might out-live me and they'll not get anymore custom!

Reminds me of trigger and the broom his had for 20 years.

You've had the same case for 25 years. Its just had 8 new wheels, 12 new handles & 7 new cases.
  • Options
    Trigger And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.

Sid How the hell can it be the same bloody broom then?

Trigger There's the picture. What more proof do you need?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I used to work at a marketing/promo company that did the Harry Potter coin collection for Asda.
    We got a long sweet letter from a little lad, probably about 8 years old, who had been trying to get hold of the last two coins to complete his collection using the tokens in the Sun. However, he explained that because his cousin suffered an asthma attack his aunty, who was going to take him shopping, was unable to do that before the deadline so he missed out on his chance to get the last pair of coins and was left with an album with two empty spaces. He wrote the letter out as neatly as he could, was very polite and had obviously gone to a lot of effort. His letter did the rounds at work, attracting lots of sympathy and the response that of course we must help the little fella. We had buckets of spare coins for just such a circumstance so, deeply touched by this letter, I replied to him as follows:

Dear James,

Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.

Unfortunately we have no vacancies at present, but we will keep your details on file and contact you should any suitable opportunities arise in the future.

Kind regards

(or perhaps we sent him a ton of HP stuff instead)

He was probably 25 and it went on ebay when he received it.
  • Options
    Personally I would have sent him to his room with no tea, and then confiscated his playstation/xbox, for a week, that would have taught him not too lose things.

:-)
  • Options
    Many, many years ago when I started working in a Customer Service organisation, the bloke who sat opposite was called into the office and given his notice. I had only known him for a few months but he was clearly not cut out for dealing with the public and Customer Service wasn't his forte. I discovered afterwards that he had received a letter from a Customer asking for more time to pay and complaining about his dying wife and sick children etc. My colleague had scrawled "NO" six inches high on the letter and posted it back to the Customer.
  • Options
    Lovely story, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Customer service at Charlton ticket office is beyond excellent in my experience. Drove up to leeds for the game their and accidentally took tickets for the following Gillingham game and sorted it after a quick call. Even when you phone up during a mad rush for cup tickets or at the windows for a busy game they are really tip top.
  • Options

Nice story indeed.

What problem did you have with EDF Energy?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Nice story indeed.

They probably fleeced him for the shirt off his back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DiscoCAFC said:

Nice story indeed.

They probably fleeced him for the shirt off his back.
    But EDF are by far the cheapest for dual fuel .. IF you get in quick for a good deal .. they open and close long term 'bargain' deals very quickly
  • Options
    EDF Energy, lol

You mean Electricité De France.

Whatever next? TDF Cycling?