Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell linked to Blackburn

Just read something a cafc fan posted on twitter, a newspaper article saying Blackburn is a potential target for Blackburn, maybe if Appleton doesn't take the job they will come after Powelly? I hope not...we need him! Chrissy Powell's Red Army!!

Comments

• Options
    Appleton is to be named today according to SSN
  • Options
    Extremely unlikely, I think and hope. I suspect he will end up at a Prem club if not with us, and certainly a better club than Blackburn.
  • Options
    Appleton is the blackburn manager. No way could he remain at Blackpool now.
  • Options
    Blackburn must be career suicide for whoever takes it, surely? Between a rock and a hard place; owners the fans hate who also seem to control the decisions you make..
  • Options
    they need a 'yes' man, don't think Powell falls into that category.
  • Options
    Why on earth is Appleton taking that job, absolutely clueless what he is getting himself in for.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    cafctom said:

Why on earth is Appleton taking that job, absolutely clueless what he is getting himself in for.

Wouldn't call him clueless, he'll be on more money and imo has more of a chance to get blackburn promoted than blackpool. If / when it goes tits up he's earned himself a pretty penny. Which is deinitley not clueless from a manager who has no 'massive' achievements on his CV
  • Options
  • Options
    Is appleton just taking the job for money?! Hmm you make your own minds up lifers
  • Options
    Fair play to the man, he was at Portsmouth, I believe, because they had no money for anyone else. I suspect he got a signing on bonus when he joined Blackpool, probably got another one for joining Blackburn and when they sack him, which they almost certainly will, he will get another pay off.

The total lack of patience or loyalty that clubs show managers these days one can hardly blame them for chasing the money. Every job could well be their last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Blackburn must be career suicide for whoever takes it, surely? Between a rock and a hard place; owners the fans hate who also seem to control the decisions you make..

And it rains a lot in Blackburn.

• Options
    And now ...http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20985010
    What a merry-go-round!
  • Options
    You ain't kidding Oggy it never stops! bit of a hell hole in my opinion
  • Options
    Worked out well for us with the timing in the end, gotta feel a bit sorry for Blackpool this season though
  • Options

You ain't kidding Oggy it never stops! bit of a hell hole in my opinion

Have you been to Blackpool !
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    Today marks the second anniversary of Chris Powell's appointment as manager of #cafc (MW)
  • Options
    Happy anniversary gaffer!
  • Options
    Onwards and upwards with Chris Powell.
  • Options
    we're not worthy