Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Charlton 2-1 Blackpool plus the PROMORELEGATOR

many thanks to the 78 Lifers who gave marks. I have given Yann the assist for Waggey"s goal. I'm away on holiday until just after the Wendies game, if it happens, so AFKA will be the statman for the Blackburn game.

they are here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/40/7d7c60d0c03c3b715936adceff249a.pdf

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about the top/second min points?
    AVG MAX MIN POINTS
    Finish 1st 92 106 81
    Finish 2nd 86 91 83

If there was a min 81pts in 1st, surely the 80pts min in 2nd would have come first?

regards,
    Nitpicker General :-)
  • Options
    another interesting stat, 3 more points will equal our FINAL total of 39 from 2008/09
  • Options

another interesting stat, 3 more points will equal our FINAL total of 39 from 2008/09

"We are staying up, Say We Are STAYING UP!"

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

"We are staying up, Say We Are STAYING UP!"

Just looked at the stats. Over the last 10 years, the average points tally to stay up would be 47. Teams can survive on as little as 41 points but you can also go down with 53! We currently have 36 from 27 games and I think we might need another 15 or so to be reasonably secure.

• Options
    wickford said:

AVG MAX MIN POINTS
    Finish 1st 92 106 81
    Finish 2nd 86 91 83

If there was a min 81pts in 1st, surely the 80pts min in 2nd would have come first?

regards,

sorry nitpicker you are wrong as this stat is taken over the period 2004-12 and it differs for each season, I did answer the same query after the Watford game in more detail.
  • Options
    I think you said in the Watford Statbank that a team came second with 79 points one year IIRC
  • Options
    Amazed that Evina came 2nd-to-last in that match. I know he hoofed it a little in the first half, but Blackpool didn't have a single chance down our left-hand side - their two best chances (in the first minute, and their goal) came down our right. Surprised people haven't credited him more.
  • Options

wickford said:

AVG MAX MIN POINTS
    Finish 1st 92 106 81
    Finish 2nd 86 91 83

regards,

sorry nitpicker you are wrong as this stat is taken over the period 2004-12 and it differs for each season, I did answer the same query after the Watford game in more detail.
    LL, I love what you do, and I appreciate it, honestly.

BUT

Either there is a mistake, or a few of us simply aren't understanding what that stat means. As I understand it:
    The lowest amount of points a 1st-placed team has accumulated during this time was 81 points.
    Therefore, the team finishing in 2nd must have ended on fewer points.
    So the minimum amount of points for 2nd place should be lower than 81.
    Otherwise, that stat seems to be saying that there was a season where the team in 1st had 81 points, but the team in 2nd had more.

I hope I'm not coming across as a jerk with this.
  • Options
    Jackson MoM 7.85
    Kermorgant 7.53
    Wagstaff 7.46
    Taylor 7.40
    Solly 7.39
    Stephens 7.26
    Wilson 7.20
    Pritchard 7.12
    Morrison 7.06
    Evina 7.05
    Hamer 6.79

Re Evina. We scored him 7.05. 7 is good, so everyone agrees he had a good game. It's just that everyone had a good game & he was a touch less involved than others.
  • Options
    Powell, Wickford, Romford and others
    I think I need to put up an explanation to that stat, I know what I mean but it seems some of you don't. I've thrown away my original calculations and as I'm off on holiday in the morning you will have to be patient until the next stats after the Blackburn game, probably Wendies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think I need to put up an explanation to that stat, I know what I mean but it seems some of you don't. I've thrown away my original calculations and as I'm off on holiday in the morning you will have to be patient until the next stats after the Blackburn game, probably Wendies.

I am now v. intrigued!
  • Options

I am now v. intrigued!
    Most eagerly-awaited post of 2013