Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Scotland Manager

Ladies and gents ........ I give you ....

Gordon Strachan

Comments

• Options
    Excellent! Looking forward to his post-match interviews already!! ;-)
  • Options
    Phew.... good i thought you were going to say ..... Alan Pardew.
  • Options
    Good choice, but won't make a difference.
    You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.
  • Options
    How did that all take so long? He was nailed on the minute Levein got the tin tack.
  • Options
    Agreed, well done to the SFA for acting with characteristic speed. Decent choice in the circumstances, but nothing that he can do with the current mess.
  • Options
    I would have preferred to have seen Billy Stark given a chance. With no chance of qualification for the World Cup we might have seen some of the younger players who have actually been doing well in their respetive age groups get a chance.

What manager worth his salt would take job where there isn't a competitive game for 18 months ?

Just like the frankly ridiculous league reconstruction plan last week the SFA have missed a golden oppertunity (and in that case probably the last oppertunity) to improve Scottish football for the better.
  • Options
    They will still fail to qualify bar a miracle but at least they will have some fun doing it, with him as manager.
  • Options
    Shouldn't this be in Fun, Jokes and Captions?
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Good appointment.

I feel for Stark as he could have been given a shot but think the more experienced players would react better to Strachan.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Excellent! Looking forward to his post-match interviews already!! ;-)

At least they will understand what he's talking about up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

I would have preferred to have seen Billy Stark given a chance. With no chance of qualification for the World Cup we might have seen some of the younger players who have actually been doing well in their respetive age groups get a chance.

What manager worth his salt would take job where there isn't a competitive game for 18 months ?

Just like the frankly ridiculous league reconstruction plan last week the SFA have missed a golden oppertunity (and in that case probably the last oppertunity) to improve Scottish football for the better.

He might think he has 18 months to have a good look at the players, see exactly who he likes and what he has to work with and start preparing for Euro 2016 qualifying.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

He might think he has 18 months to have a good look at the players, see exactly who he likes and what he has to work with and start preparing for Euro 2016 qualifying.

Really ? You think a manager that could find a role elsewhere would be attracted by that ?

I'd buy that argument of we were talking about six months but 18 is an eternity in football.
  • Options

Shouldn't this be in Fun, Jokes and Captions?

racist!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

Being serious from my last comment, the higher/lower we finish in this group will determine how easy (ha-ha)/hard the group will be as we could fall/rise in the rankings
  • Options
    Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
    Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"

Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"
    Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."
  • Options
    I can't stand him! Thinks he's funny and he's just an arrogant wanker
  • Options

Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
    Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"

Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"
    Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."

I don't have the exact transcript but it was something along the lines of:

Reporter: Still no home win this season. Would you like to get one before the end of the season?
    Strachan: No. We'll just leave it til next year.

Followed by an absolutely withering gaze at the reporter.

• Options
    how he does ok for the Tartan Army they desrve a small day in the sun(only a small one)
  • Options
    August 14th Goonerhater, 14th August :)