Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul McGinley - Ryder Cup Captain

Just announced and delighted for him. Did a fantastic job as vice captain and obviously well loved by the players. Bring on Tom Watson & the rest of the Yanks!! :-)

Comments

• Options
    Good!
  • Options
    Good decision. Glad they never went with Montgomerie again. Really starting to dislike him - his shameless self-promotion is irritating.
  • Options
    The Ryder Cup is amazing.
    After 30 odd years of absolute indifference towards golf, I decided to start playing and took more of an interest in golf on TV. The Ryder Cup is everything that is good about golf on TV, but it also adds the tribalism, the team mentality, the drama and the personalities. It's awesome.
    We've also been spoilt with some fabulous tournaments in recent years.
    I reckon McGinley will be great - he's one of the personalities I'm talking about.
  • Options
    McGinley kinda typifies what we've achieved in the Ryder Cup in the last 25 years or so...we've had our superstars, sure, but so often it's been the run of the mill (to the yanks at least) tour pros like PMcG who play out of their skin and deliver the goods. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Up yours Mrs Doubtfire!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Up yours Mrs Doubtfire!

Lol
  • Options

Good decision. Glad they never went with Montgomerie again. Really starting to dislike him - his shameless self-promotion is irritating.

100% agree Leroy. Was awful to watch him during the last Ryder Cup.

Really chuffed for McGinley.

• Options
    The right choice.
  • Options
    You'd have thought they'd have crumbled and given it to the great Scot? After all, he sunk every point winning putt at Celtic Manor did't he? You'd have thought so if you listened to him commentating on last years in the US!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

You'd have thought they'd have crumbled and given it to the great Scot? After all, he sunk every point winning putt at Celtic Manor did't he? You'd have thought so if you listened to him commentating on last years in the US!

The downside to McGinley deservedly getting it...Monty will be commentating all over again!!! ;-)