Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    They havent mentioned anything about the prologue yet, have they? Wonder where that will be.

Hopefully, after departing the Olympic Park, the Peloton will come down the Mile End Road or Commercial Road. Would be just bloody typical if it bypassed.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

They havent mentioned anything about the prologue yet, have they? Wonder where that will be.

Hopefully, after departing the Olympic Park, the Peloton will come down the Mile End Road or Commercial Road. Would be just bloody typical if it bypassed.

Ever watched it live before JB? I missed it last time it was over here.
    Am actually thinking about going to see a bit of it this year in it's mothers land.

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Ever watched it live before JB? I missed it last time it was over here.
    Am actually thinking about going to see a bit of it this year in it's mothers land.

Followed it for 8 days last year in the south of france, was brilliant, it's going to be double busy this year though
  • Options
    No.

I was living in Gravesend the last time it came over here (was it 2007?) but I wasnt interested in cycling at all then and really couldnt see the fuss everyone was making. Could bloody well kick myself now. Cant believe the Peloton literally came past the top of my road and I didnt bother going to watch. I'd love to hire a tourer and follow the route. Would love to stand (somewhere safe) on Alpe D'Huez or one of the other significant mountain climbs.
  • Options
    Watched it go through Woolwich, 30 seconds well spent! the speed they go is incredible. The build up is well worth seeing.
  • Options
    I was very very lucky to see it 5 years in a row when I lived in France. And once in 1994? when it came through Kent.
    I have personally ridden all the routes the Tour has taken through the Vosges mountains up until 2008.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

Finishing in the Mall, going right past my office window!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Will Frankie Howard be reading the prologue?

I remember the Tour going along Thames Road in Dartford, I took a few photos and I'm sure one of them has Wiggins in it!
  • Options
    I saw it when it was here in 2007 with my Grandad, however go and see it on a hill/mountain as on the flat you get to see them for about 10 seconds if that before they are out of sight. I hope to follow it properly in France one day.
  • Options
    Am going to Mont Ventoux for a long weekend with the missus for the stage down there :o)