Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Big Bash Final

Finding myself watching the BBL Final on Sky instead of Englands debacle in India this morning.

A few observations...

1) How many(young,tasty) women go to watch the cricket in Oz.
2) Lack of Spin Bowling Oz have post Warne (so much so that Hogg is the Perth star at age 40+)
3) The proliferation of quickies that Oz have coming thru...(Cummins,Starc,Pattinson,Cutting,Hastings,Coulter-Nile) along with the likes of Nannes,Lee,Tait.

Should be a good Ashes series this year, both here and in Oz, however, without the likes of Ponting and Hussey, would think that England would be favourites.

Comments

• Options
    Yup second that !! England v disappointing again. Shocking decision on KP mind !
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Disappointing final for the neutral. Fox coverage not a patch on C9. A proper scorecard on screen would help.
    How many of you guys in Oz have seen the Kerry Packer mini-series? Got good reviews, what did you think? Will be shown on BBC4 sometime this year but not sure when.
  • Options
    Brisbane Heat won by 34 runs quite easily in the end
  • Options
    I have a soft spot for Perth, having visited there 20 yrs ago for a friends wedding. Spent a lazy afternoon on the Swan river and fondly remember sailing past the WACA.
  • Options
    I saw some of the Kerry Packer show @Riviera. Was good, but the quality of aussie TV annoys me a little. I dont watch much Australian produced shows, not that I watch much TV, bar Sport, anyways. But it is worth a watch. I went to a couple of the 20/20 games at the waca, good evening out, trouble is in Perth at all sporting arena's and grounds, they only sell Mid strength beer and spirits. The aussie's cant be trusted to be served full strength piss.
  • Options
    @The_President, your first observation is spot on, the ratio of beautiful women here in Perth out ways nearly anywhere else I've been around the world, and I've been travelling for years.