Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• "It was reported Rangel and his wife had been at a sandwich chain when the manager said he would have to throw food away because it was closing for the night."

The sandwich chain should be named and shamed, they ought to be doing this themselves automatically.
  • Yeah nice story - heard about it on SSN earlier.

I'm pretty sure that Crisis do this sort of thing across London (and maybe elsewhere). Or at least they used to - they had a deal with Pret to pick up and distribute all their leftover sarnies each day. Certainly better than chucking it all.
  • edited January 2013
    Salad said:

"It was reported Rangel and his wife had been at a sandwich chain when the manager said he would have to throw food away because it was closing for the night."

The sandwich chain should be named and shamed, they ought to be doing this themselves automatically.

Every food outlet does it. They claim it's for health & safety reasons, when in reality they don't want to pay a staff member the extra ten quid it would cost them to run the food up the local homeless shelter every night. Absolutely f***ing disgusting.
  • Off_it said:

Yeah nice story - heard about it on SSN earlier.

I'm pretty sure that Crisis do this sort of thing across London (and maybe elsewhere). Or at least they used to - they had a deal with Pret to pick up and distribute all their leftover sarnies each day. Certainly better than chucking it all.

Scrub what I said above about Crisis - these people took over running the scheme back in 2004! (Blimey, where did those years go?!)

http://www.fareshare.org.uk/about-us-2/
  • I think Pret claim to give leftover food to the homeless or hostels?
  • Salad said:

"It was reported Rangel and his wife had been at a sandwich chain when the manager said he would have to throw food away because it was closing for the night."

Every food outlet does it. They claim it's for health & safety reasons, when in reality they don't want to pay a staff member the extra ten quid it would cost them to run the food up the local homeless shelter every night. Absolutely f***ing disgusting.
    subway reportedly did give them the food for nothing though. If true, then fair enough it was nice of them.
  • Top bloke.
  • Well done Mr Rangel & Missus Rangel.
    There are some caring people out there.
    ;-)
  • Fairplay to him and his other half
  • Bloody do-gooders ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• My wife has worked at the Soup kitchen in Wolverhampton this Winter. A lot of major food outlets have helped out with the exception of Iceland who declined to offer any food for the homeless. They must have their reasons I suppose.
  • Good to see. Happily he had a good game on Saturday as well!