Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton - Player Marks

If you part of the hearty 411 rewarded with a victory, copy and paste the below and give your marks out of ten.

Its gonna to be a low amount of peeps this week, so if you were there, please assist, ta.

Hamer -
Solly -
Taylor -
Morrison -
Evina -
Wilson -
Pritchard -
Stephens -
Jackson -
Wagstaff -
Kermorgant -
Dervite N/A
Harriott N/A

Comments

• Options
    Hamer - 7 Largely untroubled. Unluckly with the goal.
    Solly - 7.5. Always reads the game a split second quicker than anyone else.
    Taylor - 7. Solid
    Morrison - 8. Several timely interceptions.
    Evina - 8. Exciting prospect.
    Wilson - 8 Quality today.
    Pritchard - 8 Worked hard all game, dominated the second ball.
    Stephens - 8 Got stuck in and played well. Superb goal.
    Jackson - 7.5 Calming influence in the middle
    Wagstaff - 7 Worked hard. Made several key tackles down the right.
    Kermorgant - 7.5 Played very deep but well taken goal.
    Dervite N/A
    Harriott N/A
  • Options
    Train home, bored of cards.

Hamer - nothing really to do. One header, good hands 8
    Solly - 8 good.
    Taylor - 8.5 who needs Cort?
    Morrison - 8 lead the team as he should, proper captain.
    Evina - 7 done what he had to do
    Jackson -7 solid.
    Stephens - 9 MOM quality.
    Pritchard - 7 passing poor, tackling great
    Wilson - 8 defended well, option going forward.
    Wagstaff - 7 done his job.
    Kermogant - 8 Ran the line as good as I have seen in a long while. Awesome and a goal as well - 8.5
  • Options
    I thought Jacko was captain. No?
  • Options
    Morrison was captain as far as I could see.
  • Options
    Hamer - 8 Not a lot to do, and Rhodes's header was excellent
    Solly - 9 Never beaten and had a blackburn fan ask me after who the 'little fella' was afterwards!
    Taylor - 8 Great comeback into the XI. Looked very very solid
    Morrison - 8 Like Taylor, very comfortable and reassuring
    Evina - 7 got beaten a few times but otherwise did alright
    Wilson - 8.5 Great attacking threat and a real pain in the A** (in a good way)
    Pritchard - 8 Worked hard
    Stephens - 9 MOM quality. Bossed the midfield and what a goal!! (did miss a bit of a sitter though!)
    Jackson - 7.5 Went a bit invisible maybe but was part of the midfield which controlled the game at times
    Wagstaff - 8 Ran after every ball
    Kermorgant - 8 Did his job as we've come to expect from the beast
    Dervite N/A
    Harriott N/A

Final Comments - Wow we've matured. I thought we looked like a really decent outfit and played some really nice football at times. Thought we thoroughly deserved the win. Well done to the lads
  • Options
    Great marks, pleased to see. Wish I'd been there and so happy that the Addicks made the effort were rewarded.
    Gammysnr said:

Morrison was captain as far as I could see.

Odd, wonder what that's all about.
  • Options
    No change of skipper had been announced.
    OS match report today quote:

"Skipper and top scorer Johnnie Jackson was in a three man central midfield unit alongside Pritchard and Stephens with Lawrie Wilson and Wagstaff supplying the width and supporting sole frontman Kermorgant whenever possible. "

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Hamer - 7
    Solly - 8
    Taylor - 8
    Morrison - 8
    Evina - 8
    Wilson - 8
    Pritchard - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Jackson - 7.5
    Wagstaff - 7
    Kermorgant - 8

they would all get 10s for effort... proud of the boys!
  • Options
    Hamer - 7 a couple of good punches and a good save from a header. Not a lot to do. Distribution has deteriorated.
    Solly - 8 some excellent interplay with Wilson, and overall defencive play, but Rochina caused him problems early on
    Taylor - 9 The old warhorse had an excellent game, just pipped by Pritchard for MoM.
    Morrison - 8 Some great blocks and tackles, but also some sightly dodgy back passes/headers
    Evina - 8 best game for Charlton so far.
    Wilson - 8 Can't fault his enthusiasm and effort. Some decisions rushed.
    Pritchard - 9 MoM Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee (with a bit of skill!)
    Stephens - 8 Great goal and worked hard and showed a lot of skill, apart from his wild slash at a good chance in the second half, and the odd misplaced pass. (Well thats Dale!)
    Jackson - 8 Really solid Captain's performance
    Wagstaff - 8 Showed real energy and some skill. I particularly like his dummy to run back towards goal and then quickly reverse his direction. Did this 3 times during the game. You think the fullback would learn! I also admired his covering tackle in the first half when it looked like we were being opened up.
    Kermorgant - 8 Great goal and worked tirelessly. Helped the defence out at corners.
  • Options

Hamer - 7 Decent Handling and Reflex saves, kicking was poor.
    Solly - 8 Tested early on by the Pacy Rochina but once settled was Immense as usual.
    Taylor - 8 His positioning and communication with Morrison was key they were always in the right place at the right time to win the ball.
    Morrison - 8 Magnet to the Ball same as Taylor.
    Evina - 7.5 Improving all the time very composed and didn't look out of place.
    Wilson - 7 Got stuck in and kept the ball well but was limited going forward as a winger.
    Pritchard - 7.5 Covered so much ground, winning the second ball. Man marked Murphy made sure he had little time or space.
    Stephens - 7.5 Quality finish was trying to bring the ball down and play showing nice touches and good range of passing.
    Jackson - 7 Didn't notice JJ much but kept the ball moving and was solid.
    Wagstaff - 7 So much energy trying to apply forward pressure, give support to Yann or track back and help Evina his desire was there for all to see, Love his double movement with the ball worked a few times.
    Kermorgant - 7.5 Very Hard job battled thoughout got his reward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Hamer - 7
    Solly - 8.5
    Taylor - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Evina - 8
    Wilson - 8
    Pritchard - 7.5
    Stephens - 8
    Jackson - 8
    Wagstaff - 7
    Kermorgant - 8
  • Options
    Hamer - 7. Didn't have a lot to do. Header straight at him in the first half, excellent save in the second (which he didn't have to make as it was going wide) and a slight slip before trying to get down to Rhode's excellent header.

Solly - 7. Got creamed in the first five minutes by their left winger and thought we'de have some problems down that side for a change. After that, he was very solid and is building up a great relationship with Wilson. Tireless.

Taylor - 8. He's come back into the team like a new man. Looks really solid and if anything, better at this level. Certainly doesn't want to give SCP the chance to let Cort back in.

Morrison - 9 MOM. One iffy moment when a high ball was headed back towards our goal (which he made up for ten minutes later with dealing perfectly with a similar high ball). Apart from that he was excellent. Three great late saving tackles and appears more comfortable on the ball with Taylor by his side. Really maturing as a centre half and becoming a favourite of mine.

Evina - 8. With Rhoys back on the bench, he's given SCP another headache. Best game for us so far, strong in the tackle, great going forward and a real nusiance to any Rover's player that came anywhere near him.

Wilson - 7. Linked up well with Solly and covers his runs really well. We didn't do too much down either flank, but was always available for Jackson and Stephens and does create space.

Pritchard - 7. Busy as usual. A real terrier for us and one which the opposition must hate seeing on the teamsheet, he certainly caused Murphy enough problems that at least five of his passes went astray because of the pressure on him. More involved than the Blackpool game.

Stephens - 8. Wonder goal with his left foot, but he did miss an easier chance in the second half with a miskick. Really solid central midfielder who reads the game very well, plays it simple but has a killer pass, always seems to get into dangerous positions when we push forwards and is maturing nicely. I hope the Villa scouts weren't present.

Jackson - 7. Not sure what he's been on lately, but he seems to have got more energy and (dare I say it) a bit more pace this year. Very confusing. Led from the front as usual and does the simple things really well. I can't remember a single error from him throughout the game.

Wagstaff - 6. Hmm. After a superb return in the Blackpool game, he was a little disappointing yesterday. Didn't want to take on their full back enough (although Blackburn seemed to double up really well on his side when we were going forward). Bottled out on a couple of challenges and didn't cover Evina as well as Wilson did when Solly got forward.

Kermorgant - 7. Frustrating for him as a lone C/F. Works his socks off and took his one chance really well. The old chumbawumba (sp) song springs to mind! Loved his celebration in front of the away fans.

Finally, the ref. Best we've had all season. Played the advantage well and pulled the game back if it turned out not to be advantageous. No bookings and talking to the players a lot. Got most of the decisions right, with the exception of a back pass from Blackburn which we should have had an indirect kick in their box for and a goalkick we got when the ball didn't go out of play (to be fair to him that was the lino's fault).
  • Options
    Good point on the ref, can't remember making one comment on him yesterday or hearing any abuse towards the officials.
  • Options
    ADDICTED .DO I DETECT A BIT OF ANTI WAGSTAFF BIAS.YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO SPOTTED THE [ALLEGED]FLAWS IN HIS GAME YESTERDAY.
  • Options
    8 sets of marks and 4 MOMs. Says it all about our TEAM. Well done all of them and also well done all the travelling faithful. Sorry to have missed this one!
  • Options
    timken said:

ADDICTED .DO I DETECT A BIT OF ANTI WAGSTAFF BIAS.YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO SPOTTED THE [ALLEGED]FLAWS IN HIS GAME YESTERDAY.

I'm a Waggy fan but I'd say he's calling it as he saw it.

• Options
    timken said:

Calm down Waggy
  • Options
    Waggy must be the only player in the team,expected to be brilliant every game,not played for months......but you cant argue with two games and two wins....Also well done Matt Taylor and Yann,two others not good enough for championship???????......
  • Options
    Like these scores let's have some more of this on sat please?
  • Options
    Love Morro, Love Jacko.

Onwards to our big game in a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Waggy must be the only player in the team,expected to be brilliant every game,not played for months......but you cant argue with two games and two wins....

Whatever Waggy may lack in his personal game, he more than compensates within the team ethic.

The team has functioned better as a tight unit with Waggy in the side.
    It certainly seems to have brought the best from Evina.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Waggy must be the only player in the team,expected to be brilliant every game,not played for months......but you cant argue with two games and two wins....

Whatever Waggy may lack in his personal game, he more than compensates within the team ethic.

The team has functioned better as a tight unit with Waggy in the side.
    It certainly seems to have brought the best from Evina.
    The influence of Waggy's tireless covering in helping Solly develop into the star he is now shouldn't be forgotten either.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

timken said:

I'm a Waggy fan but I'd say he's calling it as he saw it.

Thanks Len - as you say, just calling it as I saw it. Love Waggy to bits as he's 'one of ours' and I've been watching him since his debut at Barnsley five years ago.

Most of those there have him down as their lowest marks - I just dropped him one as I felt he could have been a bit more aggressive in his game.

He's got the Johnny Robinson moaning to the ref down to a T, I just wish he'd take on the full backs more frequently like JR did. Very similar players.

Anyway, safely home now after a rather perilous drive down from Wigan today.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2013
    I am really pleased that Wagstaff is playing well. If he is playing well, working hard and striving to improve the technical aspect of his game then he should be given a chance to maintain his place in the squad. As part of a hard working trio, of Wilson, and Pritchard, they help protect the back 4 and give a platform for Stephens and Jackson to play.

The big question as ever, is can Wagstaff maintain (and improve) the current level of play ? I hope so.

• Options
    So many Waggy lovers........BRILLIANT
  • Options
    Hamer - 7 - Done well, made some decent saves
    Solly - 8 - Solid
    Taylor - 8 - Played well along side Morrison
    Morrison - 8 - Same as Taylor, apart from the goal they kept Rhodes in there pocket all game
    Evina - 7 - Done well, needs to compose himself some more though
    Wilson - 9 - (MOM) Really liked Wilson both going forward and defending, worked his socks off
    Pritchard - 8 -Normal hard working Pritch, and set up the goal
    Stephens 8.5 - Great goal, played well today, still sat quite deep though, he has ability just need better distribution, its clear why Villa are interested.
    Jackson - 7 - Slow, But worked hard
    Wagstaff - 6.5 -Full of running just no real skill or anything, sometimes looks abit clueless
    Kermorgant - 8.5 - Worked well, great header, held the ball up fantasticly at times
    Dervite N/A
    Harriott N/A
    Fans - 7.5 - Well done to the 400 of us that traveled up, atmosphere was excellent the last 15,
  • Options
    Hamer - 7
    Solly - 7.5
    Taylor - 8
    Morrison - 7.5
    Evina - 7
    Wilson - 8.5
    Pritchard - 6.5
    Stephens - 9
    Jackson - 7.5
    Wagstaff - 8
    Kermorgant - 8
  • Options
    I wasn't there but

Waggy 4 cos everyone else says he had no skill.