Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter linked with the Prem

West Ham and Fulham are interested apparently.

Comments

• Options
    Old chocolate legs himself!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    He blocked me on twitter because I said a "nasty" comment about Scott Parker:
    Said that, IMO, when he left us he was more interested in money.
  • Options
    Not a chance. I saw him against Wigan in the week and whilst he had a decent game he's not near Premiership standard for me and made a complete cock up for the Wigan winner. Bags of energy and some quality but a bit of a ref magnet too and always a bit of a liability according to more regular AFCB watchers than me. That's a big jump up and too far for Arter imo.

Francis btw had a good game too but must be one of the most frustrating players for managers - he'll make a really good run past his full back or into the box but then completely slice the final ball more often than not.
  • Options
    Good luck to Harry.
  • Options
    good luck to him,sponsored his shirt a few years back and a really likeable bloke.Has a good knowledge of the game and spoke a lot of sense.Wish we had kept him always looked to have potential just shame about the injuries
  • Options
    They key point here though is that these players don't become good without first team football. So you can't hang on to them unless you loan them out which only prem clubs really have the finances to do so. I guess this isnwhat we are doing with mambo, loaning him out in the hope he comes good.
  • Options
    There was a time when I thought our future central midfield would be Josh Wright and Harry Arter. I'd like Arter in our team now. The Scott Parker association doesn't sit well with me though
  • Options

The Scott Parker association doesn't sit well with me though

That's hardly Arter's fault!
  • Options
    Went to Primary school with him always looked like he would be good.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

West Ham and Fulham are interested apparently.

They'd be much better off with a £10 million bid for Stephens
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jakecafc said:

Went to Primary school with him always looked like he would be good.

Isn't he from Eltham ?
  • Options

The Scott Parker association doesn't sit well with me though

What a strange comment?
  • Options
    As Irish as Clinton morrison
  • Options

As Irish as Clinton morrison

Or Andy Townsend
  • Options
    Tony Cascarino was the best example. If I'm correct it was found out when he retired, that he never should have played for them, because let's say his grandparent wasn't actually Irish after all. (Something like that).
  • Options
    Jarman said:
    Always been irish. Played for the 17's and 19's when he was with us.

• Options

Tony Cascarino was the best example. If I'm correct it was found out when he retired, that he never should have played for them, because let's say his grandparent wasn't actually Irish after all. (Something like that).

Cascarino genuinely believed an Irish maternal grandfather, Michael O'Malley, from Westport, qualified him to play for Ireland when he was first selected. He discovered that O'Malley was not a blood relative only in 1986. His mother discovered only on her father's deathbed that she was not his natural daughter.

• Options
    Addickted said:

Cascarino genuinely believed an Irish maternal grandfather, Michael O'Malley, from Westport, qualified him to play for Ireland when he was first selected. He discovered that O'Malley was not a blood relative only in 1986. His mother discovered only on her father's deathbed that she was not his natural daughter.

O'Cascarin sounds like a character invented by Spike Milligan.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to my primary school in eltham!
  • Options
    You mean County Eltham!
  • Options
    I have the 'right' to play for Wales, England and Scotland. I'd choose England if possible but whoever asked I'd say yes.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    addickter said:

I went St Marys to!

• Options
    iainment said:

I have the 'right' to play for Wales, England and Scotland. I'd choose England if possible but whoever asked I'd say yes.

Good luck to him.

I qualify for England, Holland, Germany and Ireland. Still waiting for a call.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My dog is from france so I could possibly play for them
  • Options
    jakecafc said:

addickter said:

I went St Marys to!

My uncle was Head-Master there! He always claims he taught Harry everything he knew and tells the same story about him every 5 seconds..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Don't have any Welsh relatives, so I was always hoping for a call up to the Cornwall national team.

Ended up playing for the Charlton Life team instead.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Don't have any Welsh relatives, so I was always hoping for a call up to the Cornwall national team.

Ended up playing for the Charlton Life team instead.

Ah, but what of the star player Prior ?
    ;-)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    He turned up with 20 minutes left, having forgotten his boots.