Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smartphones

2»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Confused. Surely £12 a month is a contract, not PAYG?

it's a sim only contract and is a decent deal!

• Options
    seth plum said:

Confused. Surely £12 a month is a contract, not PAYG?

No, it's PAYG. Perfect for me as an infrequent visitor to the UK. I buy a GBP12 "goody bag" before I come to England and it's ready to use when I get off the plane. Check out the website.
  • Options
    Xperia Z is a great phone bit heavy on battery if the phones in constant use but other than that it's a treat to use
  • Options
    I second what sam3110 said. Used to have an iPhone, but the Xperia Z is much better imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks.
    Got a Sony Xperia (pay as you go) in the end for £ 79-99.

Now, how do I switch it on.......
    ;-)
  • Options
    Mine is pink with flowers on it...cost £4-95. It makes phone calls and you can text on it too, though I've never learnt to text.
  • Options

Mine is pink with flowers on it...cost £4-95. It makes phone calls and you can text on it too, though I've never learnt to text.

My other phone is like that.......
    ;-)

• Options
    I've got the Samsung Galaxy ace. Had it for 2 years (next month). Still as good as new and does everything I need from a phone, although the camera ain't great IMO. My contract is due for renewal next month but as I'm happy with the handset, I'm just switching to a sim only contract, saving about £20pm.

As far as battery life goes, it really seems to be the luck of the draw. I never turn it off and battery lasts between 2-3 days before needing a charge, yet my missus had exactly the same phone until recently and her battery would last about 8 hrs max.

• Options
    I looked at the giffgaff site and simply didn't understand it, or the terminology they use. I wish there was a way for us computer/phone less literate to discover the meaning of half of it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I looked at the giffgaff site and simply didn't understand it, or the terminology they use. I wish there was a way for us computer/phone less literate to discover the meaning of half of it.

Well said Seth: Went into Lewisham yesterday morning and after asking for a "easy to use phone, which I can also e-mail from" I was asked if I wanted "Apps" for the weather, ski-resorts, fishing (?), betting....etc. No. I just want a phone I can e-mail from. As I said, got a Sony Xperia for under £80.

Now, after saying that, anyone got any recommendations for any decent (FREE) apps ? (Football, Cricket.....)
    Thanks.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky sports score centre app is decent, has a mini vidi printer when games are on
  • Options
    I don't know the meaning of blackberry, blueberry, bluetooth, android, smartphone, mobile phone, cell phone, giffgaff goodie bags (is that a physical object?), cloud, surfing, roving, or any blimmin thing!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I don't know the meaning of blackberry, blueberry, bluetooth, android, smartphone, mobile phone, cell phone, giffgaff goodie bags (is that a physical object?), cloud, surfing, roving, or any blimmin thing!

They're just names of racing pigeons Seth...........................

• Options
    Talal said:

Am I right in thinking the battery life on smartphones is poor? I'm used to mine lasting 5 or 6 days, I know that's not going to happen anymore but don't want to be charging everyday.

If you use it all the time you'll be lucky if it lasts 5-6 hours.
  • Options
    Have had a Galaxy Note v1 since the day it came out, and still love it! Took all the Dom Jolly jokes, before bigger screens became the norm with the S2. iPhones look tiny now..
  • Options
    Charge my iphone 5 every night, yet it still runs out of charge by 5pm. Have to take my charger into work to top it up. Great phone dreadful battery.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Well said Seth: Went into Lewisham yesterday morning and after asking for a "easy to use phone, which I can also e-mail from" I was asked if I wanted "Apps" for the weather, ski-resorts, fishing (?), betting....etc. No. I just want a phone I can e-mail from. As I said, got a Sony Xperia for under £80.

Now, after saying that, anyone got any recommendations for any decent (FREE) apps ? (Football, Cricket.....)
    Thanks.

BBC Sport have recently released a new app. Very good. Live scores for many sports.
  • Options
    Xperia Z is brilliant, in a league of its own compared to the iPhone.
  • Options

Xperia Z is brilliant, in a league of its own compared to the iPhone.

Agreed. Love my Xperia...the camera and screen are next level.

• Options
    Very happy HTC One owner!