Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Microsoft office help/alternatives

I need to make and send a document via Email.My microsoft office free trial has expired and I'm not shelling out any dough for the full bifta.
Any alternative ideas from you computer nerds. ;-)

All help much appreciated as ever.

Comments

• Options
    http://www.openoffice.org/

It's free and it's just like office.
  • Options
    Here's a bit of advice - don't call them "nerds". They get offended by it.

The correct term is "geek"!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Poplcon has the answer. :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    could you use Wordpad perhaps? I think it is installed as part of the operating system and does similar job to MS word.

Re Openoffice, tried it once about 2 years ago and found it was incompatible with MSoffice in some important formatting aspects even when saving as recommended file type -i.e. tables, paragraphs, tracked changes
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Here's a bit of advice - don't call them "nerds". They get offended by it.

The correct term is "geek"!
    ;-)

This
  • Options
    Or Google drive, particularly handy if you're on gmail.
  • Options
    look at Kingsoft. It's free and I've found this compatible with Word and it also has versions of Excel and Presentation
  • Options
    Libre Office is not bad either - if you know someone who works in education/in school you can usually get the complete office package for a really low sum.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Can get a 60 day trial for free of Office 365 (the internet based version). Helped me out while I was looking for a mate who had a version of Office 2010 for me to "borrow". Trouble is, like all stuff today they try to be too clever and you have to wade through tons of "thrilling" stuff that you will never ever use, just to use word,excel,access etc. Bloody Geeks!