Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn ticket fiasco!

When i arrived at Blackburn an hour before the game i thought lets kill some time with a trip to the chippy opposite the ground. so well fed and ready to face the icey northen winds for a few hours we stolled up to the electronic turnstiles with our tickets received a week earlier via the valley ticket office. The three in our party placed them in the machines and the machine said 'ticket cancelled - see ticket office'. so we asked the ground staff at the turnstiles and they said it had happened to a few people that afternoon. we went to the ticket office and handed over our tickets and were told to wait for a response from the ticket office manager that wasn't present. Whilst we waited for over 25 minutes we noticed a 'fan' hovering around the ticket office window selling away seat tickets for £10 to anyone that would buy them. (face value £20). i saw a bloke buy one for himself and i warned him at the time that some of the tickets were being refused on the ticket machine. sure enough 5 minutes later he returned with ticket from the 'tout' and needed to queue like me to wait for a response. eventually for me at 2;50pm, i was told that our tickets would be re-printed and we received three new tickets.

i was wondering if anyone connected with the club was aware of this and also was there a reason why some tickets were cancelled. anything dodgey going on at the valley??

Comments

• Options
    I think the Venkys may have been issued with dodgy tickets, as they made a swift exit well before the final whistle .

Might have been ejected ..
  • Options
    Sounds more like the electronic system not working otherwise why would BRFC re-issue?

Harsh to hint that CAFC staff might be dodgy IMHO even if that wasn't what you meant
  • Options
    Bit of an over the top reaction, most prob the turnstyles playing up. Also with regards to the ticket tout no doubt it was a fellow cafc fan who had a couple of spares due to people pulling out last minute and just wanted to get part of his dosh back.
  • Options
    There has been an older guy at a few away games who sells tickets. As far as I'm aware they are comps and it's a bit "off" selling them.
  • Options
    He was selling them for a quid more than face value at Derby!
  • Options
    All Charlton staff should go.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    CAFC usually receives 50 (standard seating) comps per away match. These are nominally the property of the players and handled by Chris Parkes. They are not controlled by the ticket office. If the comps are being sold then Chris would be the person to look into it as he hands them out as he sees fit.

To be clear, I'd be very surprised if the players knew anything about comps being sold.
  • Options
    Nice little earner for somebody, if true.
  • Options
    I understand the coaches had some spare tickets as people hadn't turned up to travel. Perhaps these were the ones being sold to fellow Addicks?

There were (believe it or not) queues at both away ticket offices and they were hardly the smartest behind the counter.
  • Options
    what winds me up is the fact that i saw 2 lads walk up and buy u18s and they were clearly 25ish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

what winds me up is the fact that i saw 2 lads walk up and buy u18s and they were clearly 25ish

Why? Because they got something you never.

• Options
    every time iv brought an u18s ticket its been checked notts forest wolves bolton derby and iv had to pay the upgrade fee, just a small grumble thats all.
  • Options
    Must be something about Blackburn. I remember a young Charlie Macdonald handing me around 20 comp tickets outside the players entrance at Ewood saying "Curbs said can you let CAFC fans have them". I went round to the ticket office and handed a dozen to Charlton fans who were looking to buy tickets but ended up with about 10 left because the guys in the ticket office rumbled I was stopping people who wanted to buy lol.
  • Options

every time iv brought an u18s ticket its been checked notts forest wolves bolton derby and iv had to pay the upgrade fee, just a small grumble thats all.

What a liberty. The audacity of some businesses expecting their customers to pay the appropriate entrance fee for their age group.
  • Options

Doubt it as the £5 tickets were U16 not U18.
  • Options

Sounds more like the electronic system not working otherwise why would BRFC re-issue?

Harsh to hint that CAFC staff might be dodgy IMHO even if that wasn't what you meant

I hadn't meant to hint at any cafc staff, so apologies if anyone offended. I was curious if any tickets had gone walkabout between the valley and blackburn, so the tickets got cancelled. Although the tickets did get re-issued , the blackburn staff were pretty surprised and acted as though they had not really experienced this problem before, hence such a long wait. My general query was really to see how many of the other lifers there experienced the same problem, if any! Sorry again to any cafc staff involved in ticket office. You do a great job and are always helpful friendly and informative.