Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Reed

edited January 2013 in General Charlton
Just saw him next to Cortese in the directors box at Southampton. Didn't realise he was Head of Football Decelopment there.

Also did anyone else hear what the Saints fans sang to Jason Puncheon? He went off midway through second half for a 'toilet break'. When he came back on they sang: 'He s@@ts when he wants, Jason Pucheon-he s@@ts when he wants.'
I chuckled.

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Just saw him next to Cortese in the directors box at Southampton. Didn't realise he was Head of Football Decelopment there.

Also did anyone else here what the Saints fans sang to Jason Puncheon? He went off midway through second half for a 'toilet break'. When he came back on they sang: 'He s@@ts when he wants, Jason Pucheon-he s@@ts when he wants.'
    I chuckled.

Did Puncheon really go off to use the bogs?
  • Options
    great coach, great guy, awful manager. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    He is pretty much responsible for the large number of talented young players developed by Southampton. He did a similar job for the FA and was coaxed away by the saints. A great coach and a terrible manager
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Also did anyone else here what the Saints fans sang to Jason Puncheon? He went off midway through second half for a 'toilet break'. When he came back on they sang: 'He s@@ts when he wants, Jason Pucheon-he s@@ts when he wants.'
    I chuckled.

Seen it happen in cricket before but never football!!
  • Options
    Yes he went off. Down to ten men so he could have a poo.
  • Options

This. If only we made hime caretaker and then no 2 to Pardew. I think things would have turned out to be so different, we still would have ended up in the championship but not league 1

• Options
    That Shaw looks a player and a half. Almost Solly quality.
  • Options
    Think it was actually "he went for a shit, he went for a shiiiiitttt..."
  • Options

Valley11 said:

I chuckled.

Seen it happen in cricket before but never football!!
    Exactly, blimey, imagine if he had a dump and then found they'd run out of bog paper!!!

Seen it happen quite a bit in cricket, even had to nip off myself once over here, but in 20 years of playing football I never needed to leave the field for that reason!
  • Options
    He obviously had a case of the trots. A lot of it going around at the moment (ask Tesco).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MLS said:

Think it was actually "he went for a shit, he went for a shiiiiitttt..."

They did a couple of versions
  • Options
    Could of done a paula radcliffe and swatted down by the corner flag.
  • Options

This. If only we made hime caretaker and then no 2 to Pardew. I think things would have turned out to be so different, we still would have ended up in the championship but not league 1

was madness to give him the job almost straight away. Assistant manager to manager rarely works
  • Options
    edited January 2013

great coach, great guy.

Not according to Steven Gerrard.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    maybe Les told him to stop shagging his wifes sister
  • Options

maybe Les told him to stop shagging his wifes ister

Or Les told him that his wife was doing the drug dealing bouncer

• Options

maybe Les told him to stop shagging his wifes ister

No, just bullied him.

• Options
    probably nicked Les Reeds cars hub caps
  • Options
    Shame it went so wrong.
  • Options
    Lol at Punchean. Better than doing a "Lehman" I guess!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is pretty much responsible for the large number of talented young players developed by Southampton. He did a similar job for the FA and was coaxed away by the saints. A great coach and a terrible manager

He's only been there since 2010, the Ox was already in the first team and Theo and Bale were long since off. Not sure he can claim responsiblity for their academy.
  • Options
    Creasing up when they sang "he's just had a shat"

Puncheon even giggled himself.
  • Options
    Puncheon is nothing. Real players like Lineker just have a crap in their England shorts and then wipe their arse on the pitch...................
  • Options

Puncheon is nothing. Real players like Lineker just have a crap in their England shorts and then wipe their arse on the pitch...................

I thought you were joking until I checked it out....

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/lineker-admits-to-shitting-himself-literally-against-ireland-at-italia-90-007565-1

.....Bloody Hell!!!
  • Options
    That's fantastic ! Just become a bigger hero of mine ...
  • Options
    Brilliant , i could almost smell that sloppy giuseppe from the screen , well done Lineker
  • Options

Brilliant , i could almost smell that sloppy giuseppe from the screen , well done Lineker

The thing is that I remember the original incident from the game because we were at my mate's house and it was 50/50 England - Ireland supporters.

When Moran fouled Lineker there was uproar in the room with all the Irish calling Lineker a diver and all the English calling Moran a dirty bastard......little did we know what was actually happening!
  • Options
    When you gotta go, you gotta go!
  • Options

He's only been there since 2010, the Ox was already in the first team and Theo and Bale were long since off. Not sure he can claim responsiblity for their academy.
    Indeed Luke Shaw's been there since the early noughties. I think most of their young players would be suffering from narcolepsy if he'd coached them. Clearly good administratively, but listening to him talking about England and watching Charlton his technocratic waffle was well bollox. He coached an exceptional Charlton team in 98.

• Options
    Worst Charlton manager performance wise.

Middlesbrough away in December 2006 will haunt me forever along with Wycombe at home.