Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clearing the snow around The Valley

The club have asked for volunteers to clear the snow on Wednesday morning. Living in Manchester I wont be able to make it, but I was coming down for the game. So come on volunteers sign up!

Comments

• Options
    Nathan will be there
  • Options

"An estimated 110 tonnes of snow currently lie on the Valley pitch"

Not sure about the estimate. Who is in charge of estimating snow at Charlton these days?
  • Options
    Width x Length x Est. Number of snow flakes per metre .......
  • Options

"An estimated 110 tonnes of snow currently lie on the Valley pitch"

Not sure about the estimate. Who is in charge of estimating snow at Charlton these days?

Why didn't they just throw it away after they weighed it
  • Options
    Why didn't they just throw it away after they weighed it

LOL nice one Rodders
  • Options
    lol very good rodney
  • Options
    Cleared the snow from my drive this morning, my back is fecked and I had to lie down for a couple of hours because I was knackered. Not sure I would be of much use.
  • Options
    be melted away bt Thursday/Friday .........and 80 degrees on Saturday .... nothing up with the ozone what-so-ever
  • Options
    After reading another thread, i wonder how many "Wednesday" fans will be coming down to help out. i will post pics if there are any.... and beat them with a dictionary so they understand English =)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did this happen? I was at work so couldn't help but wondered if there were kind souls who had been able to. We have more snow in Eynsford this morning so hope it does not undo all the good work at the valley if more has fallen there!
  • Options
    Lol Mog! I just read on the OS that 25 kind people helped to clear it! Well done and thanks to them all. We need to get at The Massives while we are in great form!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Lol Mog! I just read on the OS that 25 kind people helped to clear it! Well done and thanks to them all. We need to get at The Massives while we are in great form!

Were the 25 all Wednesday fans? :-0

(Thankyou by the way to the 25 who helped out).

• Options
    Sounds like more snow due Friday night. Let's hope it does not hang around and all that good work was for nothing. Well done the 25.
  • Options
    There wasn't any Wednesday fans... or Thursday fans either =)
  • Options
    Great group of people at the valley over the 2 days. And our picture will be on page 3 of the review on Saturday (before the shovel incident)
  • Options
    The shovel incident? That sounds ominous DB25, care to elaborate?
  • Options

The shovel incident? That sounds ominous DB25, care to elaborate?

Glad the video has been posted cos it helps... while clearing snow the guy in the centre of the 5 being interviewed "accidentally" hit the guy to his left in the head with a shovel. Nice cut above his eye but no long term damage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    To the army of volunteers wanting to know if they need to descend en masse to The Valley: stand down folks. Many thanks though (MW) #cafc