Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keys Slams Neville

Former, Ex, sacked, disgraced, bitter, sexist Sky Presenter Richard Keys has had a go at Gary Neville. Quite pathetic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267346/Gary-Neville-hidden-agenda-Sky-Sports-claims-Richard-Keys.html

Comments

• Keys is an arrogant arsehole.
  • Gary Neville was excellent on this week's Monday Night Football. He was just pointing out what a brutal and unforgiving place the United dressing room is and illustrated that point by talking about mistakes that he'd made when he was there. He recognised that De Gea had a good game up to the point in added on time when he punched the ball out straight to Lennon to set up Tottenham's goal. He then added that particular dressing room is not a place where anyone will show the slightest sympathy to the keeper regardless of how he'd played overall.

I think he just tells it like it is and is also a great tactical analyser of the game. For my money the best football pundit on either British TV or radio.

As for Keys, Andy Gray's sniggering monkey boy, just remind me of anything he contribute to Sky's coverage?
  • What a moron Keys is - it's just jealousy.

G Nev is the best pundit on the box by light years. Tells it like it is and very surprisingly shows zero united bias, he gives his opinion and manages to talk in a balanced manner which is a big credit to him given that he was at the club for 20 years. The reason he talks about United a lot is because they are on telly constantly and everyone wants his opinion on them. Nothing but respect for him.
  • Hated him as a player but every time i see him as a pundit he does a fantastic job, BBC needs to realise you need more pundits who have actually played the game in th last 10 years.

• To be honest half the subscribers are United fans so why shouldn't Sky want a biased presenter on there. Most ex-footballers have some bias and as United ate Sky's darlings I think it's a great place for Neville to be.

I agree that his analysis is first rate, and that he is not too biased.

Also we have always had the current England Manager on the couch for TV games, why shouldn't a coach get in on the action?
  • Oh, and who doesn't have a hidden agenda? At least we know that Neville's isn't to screw as much money out of the company and to shag as many of their young female employees as possible!
  • BBC needs to realise you need more pundits who have actually played the game in th last 10 years.

And that doesn't mean Robbie Savage!

Heard a few people say the BBc should sign up Jamie Carragher when he retires. What page on Ceefax are subtitles? 888?
  • Riviera said:

BBC needs to realise you need more pundits who have actually played the game in th last 10 years.

And that doesn't mean Robbie Savage!

Heard a few people say the BBc should sign up Jamie Carragher when he retires. What page on Ceefax are subtitles? 888?
    Agreed, i like Savage as a personality but not a great pundit, still has more interesting things to say then the guys who retired 10/15/20 years or more ago.
  • I think with Neville it's not so much he played the game as much as he loves the game totally and passionately, the tactics and the individual brilliance and mistakes of players genuinely mean something to him, instead of some of the older Lawro and Hansen types who see it as an easy way to make a mint talking absolute rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Neville as a pundit and he's certainly surprised me but the point about him working for Sky and in the England set up is an interesting one.

Is he really going to lay into an England player knowing that he'll be working alongside them next week or next month. Would he give Joe Hart as much stick as he did to De Gea? He criticised Luiz for erratic defending, running around like a defender on the playstation but would he be so harsh on say Cahill or Lescott?
    He laid into Suarez for diving but i doubt we'd hear him say anything about Rooney or Welbeck if they did it.
  • Neville has done a great job . I never liked him as a player but credit where its due.
  • I like Neville as a pundit and he's certainly surprised me but the point about him working for Sky and in the England set up is an interesting one.

Is he really going to lay into an England player knowing that he'll be working alongside them next week or next month. Would he give Joe Hart as much stick as he did to De Gea? He criticised Luiz for erratic defending, running around like a defender on the playstation but would he be so harsh on say Cahill or Lescott?
    He laid into Suarez for diving but i doubt we'd hear him say anything about Rooney or Welbeck if they did it.

Yes
  • J BLOCK said:

I like Neville as a pundit and he's certainly surprised me but the point about him working for Sky and in the England set up is an interesting one.

Yes
    Well that's that one sorted. Next week - which is the one true religion?

• Neville comes over very well. I like his insightful analysis that noone else seems to be able to communicate in a way that he does.
    Comparing him with either Savage or Collymore is like trying to compare a Ferrari with a Trabant - Savage and Collymore are just dreadful up their own ar5e ex players - who, as soon as they are on the radio are immediately switched off. Cant stand their arrogant,patronising drivel.

Agree that maybe Neville's role as England coach could be compromised by his comments on Sky, but this is something i'm sure he is clever enough to be able to handle.

• Neville has done a great job . I never liked him as a player but credit where its due.

I've always wanted to type just 'This' to a comment. Here's my chance:

This

I've always wanted to type just 'This' to a comment. Here's my chance:

This

This

Agree totally. I think he is brilliant but like you say, would he slaughter Hart like that?, The fat that Hart is having a poor season and has made high profile mistakes and not been on the recieving end or an attack like that tells me that the answer is NO.

Agree totally. I think he is brilliant but like you say, would he slaughter Hart like that?, The fat that Hart is having a poor season and has made high profile mistakes and not been on the recieving end or an attack like that tells me that the answer is NO.

I guess if he is honest and does it as constructive criticism rather than laying in to them I can't see why not.
  • Rizzo said:

J BLOCK said:

I like Neville as a pundit and he's certainly surprised me but the point about him working for Sky and in the England set up is an interesting one.

Yes
    Well that's that one sorted. Next week - which is the one true religion?

Charlton

• Sponsored links:

• I agree that Neville is an excellent pundit. I just think he needs to be careful he doesn't become a caricature of himself and be over harsh or cynical just because that's what he believes people expect of him. I think he was bordering on this with De Gea. It is interesting that when Rooney missed his zillionth penalty for Utd he wasn't castigated like De Gea was. Surely missing the target from 12 yards is worse than what a weak punch?
  • edited January 2013
    Gary Neville the footballer was superb best right back we had play for our country for years

The relationship he had with Becks down that side was the best I have ever seen

People mug themselves off hugely by saying GN only played for England because he played for man utd

Consider the biggest club in the world keeping a player not good enough in a key area week in week out

And do you honestly think that would happen , did they win things they won bloody everything in that era

And when Beckham left he still was there still was as good and won it all again to prove it

GN the pundit is top draw I could listen to him talk football forever a great great insight in to the modern game something that Gray never had

Keys comes across as an egotistic bitter old boys club merchant on talk sport

At first I thought it was good now I dispise it I play cd s in the car if they are on and I have never done that as I quite like talk shite it passes many miles very easily

Keys is a know it all know everyone name dropping always got a story about the good guys from football

Reid
    Hoddle
    Atkinson
    Allison
    Lee

Etc now for me a 37 yr old I don't care for any of them anymore and I don't want their antitcdotes or their 1980s opinion

GN the football fans pundit keep going son your too good not to be on
  • I though Keys was getting professional help for being a sex addict.

'Keys said yesterday: 'I think he was sent out with an agenda. I don't think Gary would have done that had he not been told, "Listen, finger him". I don't think you can nail a goalkeeper in that way.'

Guess it hasn't worked.
  • Neville is good for TV because he doesn't have too much of a delay between his thoughts and his mouth - a bit like Brian Clough lite. But whilst entertaining, he can sometimes talk rubbish. Who cares - safe is boring - opinionated is what we enjoy.

If I was a Man U player, I'd be thanking DeGea for a couple of great saves in that game btw.
  • Like most people here I never warmed to him as a player, i.e. I didn't like him, but was converted when he began to work for Sky. So I read the book, Red. His intelligence and analytical mind come across clearly, but what I was really struck by was the unbelievable intensity. Talk about controlled aggression allied with reflective intelligence. Frightening. No wonder United have dominated for 20-years.

Tremendous respect for others too, but especially for those who played with courage and who gave no quarter. "The Manager said Tony Adams was a United player in the wrong colour shirt". Complements don't come any higher than that.

Note he still calls "him" Sir Alex Ferguson even from the safety of the Sky Sports box. De Gea probably got fried in that dressing room. Based on Neville's account, had Roy Keane still been playing he'd have been lucky to get out alive. Having read that book I began to understand what has been so special about United during the long reign of the Manager.
  • Bet Richard Keys would of kissed the feet of Andy Gray if he said that about De Gea, It's just a old man wanting listeners on his show so he says something contreversial
  • Like most people here I never warmed to him as a player, i.e. I didn't like him, but was converted when he began to work for Sky. So I read the book, Red. His intelligence and analytical mind come across clearly, but what I was really struck by was the unbelievable intensity. Talk about controlled aggression allied with reflective intelligence. Frightening. No wonder United have dominated for 20-years.

Tremendous respect for others too, but especially for those who played with courage and who gave no quarter. "The Manager said Tony Adams was a United player in the wrong colour shirt". Complements don't come any higher than that.

Note he still calls "him" Sir Alex Ferguson even from the safety of the Sky Sports box. De Gea probably got fried in that dressing room. Based on Neville's account, had Roy Keane still been playing he'd have been lucky to get out alive. Having read that book I began to understand what has been so special about United during the long reign of the Manager.

What else would he call him? Everyone calls him Sir Alex
  • edited January 2013

Said it all NLA cannot agree more for years GN was Englands most consistent performer. What has Keys achieved apart from getting his toungu up Andy Grays arse?
  • Keys is a wanker - always has been. Gray was shit as well. Gary Neville is the best football pundit in this country bar none. His analysis is first-rate, he's intelligent, articulate and likeable, in a way that Gray never was.

I do agree that his position with the England setup is a potential problem though. It will clearly affect either his criticism of a player, or his relationship with them when they are on England duty. Clear potential for a conflict of interest.

Incidentally, Sky's pundits for Spanish football are great as well - Guillem Balague is great, as good as James Richardson was for Channel 4 when they did Italian football in the nineties, and the studio guests are pretty good too (Ferrer, Mendieta, even Marcelino comes across quite well).

Much as it pains me to say it, Sky's sports coverage in general is absolute light years ahead of anyone else's - and whoever thought that Gary Neville would be a good pundit is an absolute genius.

• Incidentally, Sky's pundits for Spanish football are great as well - Guillem Balague is great, as good as James Richardson was for Channel 4 when they did Italian football in the nineties, and the studio guests are pretty good too (Ferrer, Mendieta, even Marcelino comes across quite well).

Shame about the presenter though!