Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell reaction to King, Judge and Wordsworth links

Comments

• Can someone paste please...

:-)
  • CHARLTON boss Chris Powell has downplayed speculation linking him with a number of players this week.

Colchester’s Anthony Wordsworth and Notts County’s Alan Judge have both been strongly linked with the Addicks, but Powell today denied approaching either player or their clubs.

“We seem to be linked with Wordsworth all the time, every transfer window,” he said.

“Obviously we came across him last season in League One.

“I haven’t seen him this season though but he is still being linked with us constantly.

“Judge seems to be a story recently drummed up over the weekend.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone at Notts County about bringing him here.

“It really is fact or fiction time for few weeks - it will only ever be fact when I actually bring a player through the door.”

Another player linked with a move to The Valley is Birmingham City striker Marlon King.

The Midlands club are in all kinds of financial trouble and may have to sell their top players this month.

But while Powell is an admirer of several members of the Blues' squad, he won’t be making a cut price move for any of them before the transfer window shuts next week.

“They have one or two really high earners so Lee (Clark) has been forced to play one or two younger players in recent weeks.

“But we aren’t in the market for any of their players.

“They are the sort of players that will go to a club with significant financial backing in this league or maybe even the Premier League.

“Like a lot of clubs, especially those who have been in the Premier League recently, Birmingham have to cut their cloth accordingly.

“We are all in the same boat but some have it worse than others.”

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt
  • edited January 2013
  • not sure I believe much Powell says regarding our transfer targets.
  • JT said:

Can someone paste please...

:-)

It's not even worth reading!

• oh dear roseandcrown & DealAddick

agree

Me neither, I prefer FR.

• Macronate said:

oh dear roseandcrown & DealAddick

Hahahaha. A telling off may be coming their way!
  • Probably academic but I wouldn't want King.

Not seen enough of the other two to "judge" although the legally linked one did alright against us last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• So using the SCP system we will be signing any players he happens to mention?

So Wordsworth & Judge plus Butland from Brum instead of King, good bit of busines that. ;)

• Macronate said:

oh dear roseandcrown & DealAddick

stand down ive removed mine ;)
  • Basically he is saying he would like all 3 but doesn't have a pot to piss in himself.
  • Have i missed something?
  • Bloody copy and pasting, how could you? ;)
  • Talal said:

Bloody copy and pasting, how could you? ;)

Control c control v lol
  • Talal said:
    Cheers. I have just been called into Newsshoppers office and told off.
  • Welcome to the elite club