Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fully fit Charlton squad likely to lead to Valley loan exits

Comments

• Options
    Summary - if everyone is fit I don't need everyone and might shift a few out on a perm or loan.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

• Options
    come on......who's gonna do it......
  • Options
    Thanks Maidstone,
    Newsshopper get rid of some ad's, sound especially and tracking cookies if you want me and probably others to check your site out.
  • Options
    Uh Oh!
  • Options
    I've already said there is absolutely nothing I can do about the ads other than advise you add the cookies, turn the sound down and that should keep it permanently mute.

Cheers for copying anyway Maidstone, that is really appreciated.
  • Options
    I think any website that start's playing sound upon load deserves what it gets to a certain extent. People read websites at work, having sound play is disrespectful to your viewers, so don't expect them to respect you in return.

I appreciate that you have no control over this, but have a word with whoever does, it is harming your page views, and therefore will harm your advertising income.

Also, a short synopsis would be nice along with the link, it'll get you more clicks.
  • Options

I think any website that start's playing sound upon load deserves what it gets to a certain extent. People read websites at work, having sound play is disrespectful to your viewers, so don't expect them to respect you in return.

I appreciate that you have no control over this, but have a word with whoever does, it is harming your page views, and therefore will harm your advertising income.

Also, a short synopsis would be nice along with the link, it'll get you more clicks.

I'm fairly sure it won't. And copy/pasting the content of the article is harming their page views too.

• Options
    Copying and pasting hurts the club as well... The more hits these articles get the more it encourages the papers to write about the team and give the club free publicity... The alternative is newspapers stop writing about charlton and we stick to see stories about man utd, Chelsea and arsenal... Or worse, Millwall and palace get the local publicity and charlton gets none
  • Options

Copying and pasting hurts the club as well... The more hits these articles get the more it encourages the papers to write about the team and give the club free publicity... The alternative is newspapers stop writing about charlton and we stick to see stories about man utd, Chelsea and arsenal... Or worse, Millwall and palace get the local publicity and charlton gets none

Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was more interested reading the story about the Orpington scaffolder :-0
  • Options
    LTGTR makes a lot of sense. Doesn't take much for an editor to look at the stats report and think "only three people clicked on the Charlton story, maybe we shouldn't waste our time..."

Newshopper isn't exactly the biggest news site out there. I can't imagine their ad revenues are particularly impressive. I hate sound on ads as much as anybody, but can I press pause or mute in order to read their stuff? Yes, yes I can. I respect how much effort goes into reporting Charlton stories, and copying and pasting from other websites onto here, especially when the guy writing the stories and trying to make a living is on the site, is out of order in my, humble, opinion. 99 out of 100 sites track you these days, copying this story over on that basis is stupid.
  • Options
    Perhaps someone will know for sure, but is there a copyright issue with copy and pasting from a newspaper's website?
  • Options

That's a bit like saying global warming affects the club because people won't be able to watch the matches if we enter another ice age. So we should all recycle more.
    Yes it possible, but its an unlikely cause and effect.
  • Options

Do you seriously believe that ?
  • Options
    eldavide said:

Perhaps someone will know for sure, but is there a copyright issue with copy and pasting from a newspaper's website?

No there isn't.
  • Options
    Just out of interest why does news shopper always receive so much stick? He's only posting articles that I personally find useful and interesting. Wow big deal advertising ! How else does a company who offers a free service stay afloat?

Get my coat ?
  • Options
    Anyway, back to the story.

Looks like no outs unless someone asks to go and does not feel he needs to get anyone in. If someone is available that improves the squad he will try and bring them in.

i.e. don't hold your breath for a transfer in.
  • Options

Well I've just had a good look around the NS website. Browsing the internet at work has never felt more virtuous :-)
  • Options

I've already said there is absolutely nothing I can do about the ads other than advise you add the cookies, turn the sound down and that should keep it permanently mute.

If you ever want to be taken seriously as a journalist, stop posting on this site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

If you ever want to be taken seriously as a journalist, stop posting on this site.
    Bully.
  • Options

for those interested

A SCAFFOLDER from Orpington has been jailed for 16 months after a vicious attack on a father and son as they tried to buy snacks at a station.

Robert McSweeney was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on January 16 after pleading guilty to causing actual bodily harm (ABH) following an investigation from British Transport Police (BTP).

The court heard how McSweeney, of Poverest Road, had violently attacked the men on March 31 last year at around 9pm, as they attempted to buy crisps from the vending machine he was leaning on in London Bridge rail station.

Unprovoked, he repeatedly punched a 48-year-old father from Bexleyheath, who had recently undergone major surgery on his back, knocking him unconscious.

The victim had his front teeth knocked out and was also left with a deep facial cut that required stitches.

His 19-year-old son, also from Bexleyheath, received cuts and bruises to his face after he had tried to protect him.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Rachel Smith from BTP’s CID said: “McSweeney, who had been out drinking all day, had become violent and refused to move when the two men tried to access the vending machine on platform five.

“He punched the father to the ground, knocking him out cold. His son stepped in to shield his father from McSweeney’s continuing blows.”

The court heard how the 35-year-old scaffolder continued the violence even when the man’s son pleaded with him to stop due to his father’s recent surgery.

Police were called and McSweeney was arrested at the scene. During his interview he told officers he acted in self-defence.

DC Smith continued: “From viewing very clear CCTV footage of the attack, it is apparent that at no stage did either victim assault McSweeney in retaliation or defence.

“When shown a clip of the attack, he admitted it was not self-defence and could not explain why he acted as he did.

“This was cold and unprovoked violence on two men who were simply trying to buy snacks and I hope the sentence handed to McSweeney deters others from acting in this way. “

• Options

JaShea99 said:

Bully.
    What? It was friendly advice. It's embarassing enough posting links on an unofficial fans forum, but all he ever gets is abuse and into petty arguments. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's how Mr Pulitzer started out.
  • Options

Just out of interest why does news shopper always receive so much stick? He's only posting articles that I personally find useful and interesting. Wow big deal advertising ! How else does a company who offers a free service stay afloat?

Get my coat ?

ha ha this...get my jacket as well please Will :)