Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Swedish Wednesday fans thoughts on us!

Comments

• Options
    FFs can we park the Sheffield Wednesday 'hatred'?
    Some of our fans - quite a lot I'd say - are desperate for a rival.
    Not saying you're in that category EA but some people on here need to get out a bit more.
    Who cares about the Owls? They don't even registering an interest. Good luck to them but surely it's just another game?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Wednesday who??? Same as people thinking Palace are our rivals....they are not, fecking millwall are, period.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Not saying you're in that category EA but some people on here need to get out a bit more.
    Who cares about the Owls? They don't even registering an interest. Good luck to them but surely it's just another game?

The Wednesday geezer is one of my best mates, in half hours time his dad is going to be round my house. He has flown over from a place called Umea, in the north of Sweden.

I have always liked Wednesday, regardless of my mates. In the eighties there was a high turnover of staff between us and them. Hillsborough is also one of the best grounds in the country, top day out.

The swedish connection, hence my name ElfsborgAddick
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

This. It is quite embarassing.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Valley11 said:

I no!

We should not stand for anybody ever having their own thoughts or personal dislike for teams. :)
  • Options
    Great video!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Valley11 said:

I no!

We should not stand for anybody ever having their own thoughts or personal dislike for teams. :)
    Yea right - and we shouldn't stand for anyone thinking that the obsession for a rival is utterly pathetic.

See what I did there?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

The Wednesday geezer is one of my best mates, in half hours time his dad is going to be round my house. He has flown over from a place called Umea, in the north of Sweden.

I have always liked Wednesday, regardless of my mates. In the eighties there was a high turnover of staff between us and them. Hillsborough is also one of the best grounds in the country, top day out.

The swedish connection, hence my name ElfsborgAddick
    Does your mate post on Owlstalk mate? if not tell him to do so, great video clip by the way, I really enjoyed it.

Your mate did need a night out with a few Wednesday fans from Sheffield though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I no!

Yea right - and we shouldn't stand for anyone thinking that the obession for a rival is utterly pathetic.

See what I did there?
    Im gonna agree with an earlier post, calm down, not one single Charlton fan is saying Wednesday are a long time rival, now fair play you like to have a set system where we are allowed one rival? maybe 2? Millwall & Palace.

In a couple of seasons i won't care about Wednesday just like nearly every other Charlton fan but personally, from my experiance of visiting both Sheffield clubs, i like one and find the other to have a pathetic core fan base stuck in the past.

It's harmless rivalry based on how they treated us last season after the match and on their so called jokey delusion about their own club.

Im assuming your getting over annoyed because it is the internet, we all do that, but when people say they hate or see them as a rival it is the same over excitment.

So once again calm down, especially as i was having a bit of a joke hence the ;).

• Options
    We had a rivalry with Wednesday last season because of the league positions and the 'banter' between the fans. We've got a match with them in 2 days so some of that rivalry is going to start up again for some people. Why is that embarrassing? If you don't want to join in then don't. But don't tell other people what to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I no!

Yea right - and we shouldn't stand for anyone thinking that the obession for a rival is utterly pathetic.

See what I did there?
    Im gonna agree with an earlier post, calm down, not one single Charlton fan is saying Wednesday are a long time rival, now fair play you like to have a set system where we are allowed one rival? maybe 2? Millwall & Palace.

In a couple of seasons i won't care about Wednesday just like nearly every other Charlton fan but personally, from my experiance of visiting both Sheffield clubs, i like one and find the other to have a pathetic core fan base stuck in the past.

It's harmless rivalry based on how they treated us last season after the match and on there so called jokey delusion about their own club.

Im assuming your getting over annoyed because it is the internet, we all do that, but when people say they hate or see them as a rival it is the same over excitment.

So once again calm down, especially as i was having a bit of a joke hence the ;).

What are you on about?
    Where did I say 'long time rival' or that we should have two rivals?
    I'm saying: why do we feel the need to have ANY rivals?
    We're better than any other club so who cares about the other 91.

And I'm perfectly calm cheers. I was also having a joke hence the 'see what I did there?'.
  • Options

We had a rivalry with Wednesday last season because of the league positions and the 'banter' between the fans. We've got a match with them in 2 days so some of that rivalry is going to start up again for some people. Why is that embarrassing? If you don't want to join in then don't. But don't tell other people what to do.

You don't need to join in, no, but its bloody talk of the town on here. I even hear some people cheer at The Valley when the scores are read out and Wednesday are losing. We absolutely smashed them in the promotion race last year, so theres no need for the constant digs at them because we got what we wanted and more.

Go on most opposing team forums after we have beaten them and most of them will come out with similar comments to the Wednesday ones. Infact, the things that Watford were coming out with were just as delusional and wide of the mark. I don't see Charlton fans constantly berating them though.

• Options

Don't tell me what to do....;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I do find the Wednesday thing a bit weird, enjoyed the video from elfsborg though
  • Options
    Funny video. That bore above that said "this" to "that" above is without humour.

Love a swede. Nice one Elf.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I no!

See what I did there?

It's harmless rivalry based on how they treated us last season after the match and on there so called jokey delusion about their own club.

What are you on about?
    Where did I say 'long time rival' or that we should have two rivals?
    I'm saying: why do we feel the need to have ANY rivals?
    We're better than any other club so who cares about the other 91.

And I'm perfectly calm cheers. I was also having a joke hence the 'see what I did there?'.
    Ok fair enough i can get that view, as i like to think of us as a better club then other's and enjoy the fact we are widely seen as a nice club.

I need to follow my own advice and not jump to conclusion's, dammit im another hypocrite on the internet, whatever next. :)

• Options
    I dislike Wednesday, because of their fans, op is the exception as I think he's actually a good poster and seems a decent fella. I also dislike them for one or two of their players still currently with them saying that we're a lucky team.

If I want to dislike a team then I will, regardless of the situation.
    It's 'talk of the town' on here because we're playing them in a few days. It wasn't talk of the town on here last week was it? Didn't think so..
  • Options
    When I put "Charlton life forum" into search on my iPad, top of "related searches" is owlstalk. I think some people are really a little too obsessed with Wednesday, we came out on top, they didn't, let them stew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013

When I put "Charlton life forum" into search on my iPad, top of "related searches" is owlstalk. I think some people are really a little too obsessed with Wednesday, we came out on top, they didn't, let them stew.

See that nutshell over there? Get in it.
  • Options
    You'll always get round Semedo, he's useless, you know.
  • Options
    great video elf
  • Options

You'll always get round Semedo, he's useless, you know.

Past
  • Options
    He aint got a clue...
  • Options
    ha ha, us internet nerds are a funny bunch! very easily offended and outraged by the littlist things!

And i'm outraged by that!!!
  • Options
    Personally I think that Charlton/Wednesday could develop into something pretty frightening. Not dissimilar to the notorious rivalry between Brighton and Palace.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Some of our fans - quite a lot I'd say - are desperate for a rival. Not saying you're in that category EA but some people on here need to get out a bit more.

Hardly.
    It's called give & take.
    Some people don't like fans of other clubs degrading our beloved CAFC.
    Therefore you will get bites,insults,facts,stats etc all over these threads.

How the bloody hell does that prove that our fans are looking for a rival?

You've been reading too much of the palarse forum.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Funny video. That bore above that said "this" to "that" above is without humour.

Love a swede. Nice one Elf.

Blonde hair and blue eyes, the most attractive women in the whole wide world.
  • Options

great video elf

My mate did manage to calm down once we got a few down our necks on the train home