Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker Shootout 2013

This starts tonight which sees 64 of the world's top players fighting it out in a Pot Black style tournament. Notable absentees however include Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Stephen Lee and of course the expected no-show from Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who'll be watching and if so does anyone know why these players (aside from O'Sullivan) are not competing?

Comments

• They probably think it's a crap format.
  • Because they dont get enough money maybe... and the tour is pretty full at mo so if its not ranked whats the point when they are playing practically every week of the year now
  • Robertson might be taking a break after the Masters.
  • Surely they all will be Len?
  • Boom said:

Surely they all will be Len?

Quite possibly.

I singled out Robertson because he went all the way to the final whereas the others were knocked out earlier and thus, arguably, had a bit of a break.
  • Selby obviously isn't bothered about a rest.

• LenGlover said:

Boom said:

Surely they all will be Len?

Quite possibly.

I singled out Robertson because he went all the way to the final whereas the others were knocked out earlier and thus, arguably, had a bit of a break.
    I thought that about Robertson but he, along with Trump and Lee, had already made it clear they were not to be considered for the competition when the draw was made in November. It's strange as both Trump and Robertson have been supporters of the faster version of the game (shot clocks, shorter matches etc) but maybe it has to do with the heavy schedule players have these days.