Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flu Camp

Anyone had any experience in taking part at a flu camp and is it a not so stupid/very stupid idea?

I came across an ad in the paper saying they want people to take part in an 18 day flu camp where you can earn up to £3750 after completing it. Although sounding too good to be true, too much of a sweet deal, it is an appealing thing, to say, a student and someone out of work and desperate for money like me.

I wouldn't know enough about medical drugs to be aware of what could really be going on and would end up with the flu. I have my doubts as I would be going into it naive.

I have no money, but health is more important than money.

I have a blood test Tuesday if I take it.

Is it worth it?

Comments

• Options
    If I get made redundant mate I was going to enquire like you say sounds like easy money
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I know nothing about it either.

However it sounds like they want you to be a guinea pig so the decision narrows itself down to money v the possibility of unknown side effects from whatever they pump into you.

I wouldn't personally take the risk as I'm one of those people who will only ever take any type of pill if in acute agony.

Each to their own though.
  • Options
    I'm quite paranoid when it comes to pharmaceutical companies so I'd be convinced that there's some sinister 'hidden' purpose behind the experiment. Not for me but if you have no similar worries and you could use the money then. . . . . . kerching!
  • Options
    If its 'man' flu i'd stay well away.
  • Options
    Dave, who's running the flu camp?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I went for one about 2 years ago, but after the blood test they found I had too many white blood cells which meant the flu which they inject into you wouldnt have had an affect.

The company I was with had an office and lab in camden, thats all i remember about them. Oh and the nurse was fit as!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    NOnononono. It's not "Flu Camp", it's "Camp Flu"...you'll be living with an unhealthy knowledge of musical theatre for the rest of your life.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Dave, who's running the flu camp?

Retroscreen virology Ltd
  • Options
    Might as well. Whats the worst that could happen?
  • Options
    Ah ok. I work in the same QM Bioenterprise building where they are based at Whitechapel and I look after some of their Research Grants. They're a spin out company owned by Queen Mary, University of London and Barts Health NHS Trust so you pretty much be assured they know their stuff.

If you need to get in contact with any questions you may have, I'll try and find out who you should speak to if you like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ah ok. I work in the same QM Bioenterprise building where they are based at Whitechapel and I look after some of their Research Grants. They're a spin out company owned by Queen Mary, University of London and Barts Health NHS Trust so you pretty much be assured they know their stuff.

If you need to get in contact with any questions you may have, I'll try and find out who you should speak to if you like?

Cheers, appreciated. Sounds better now might have a few questions.
  • Options

Might as well. Whats the worst that could happen?

Haha
  • Options
    ^ Quote ment to include picture.

Thanks for useful answers.
  • Options
    £3000?! I might give it a go for that!