Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our academy set up

Yesterday afternoon my son was at Sparrows lane to train with the U8s in the dome.
I got there early so I went in the dome to keep warm only to find our U13/14s were having a pratice match one word WOW!!!!

These boys were passing and moving like they could be on the brink of the first team. The goalkeepers looked superb one of them had to be at least 6ft 3in!

Then after our boys had finished their session our U15s walked in, well I kid you not their couldn't have been a lad under 6ft (For all people who moan about the height of players coming in ;-)) they also looked quality!

What with our U18/21s doing the buisness the future is looking good all the way down from the U7s

COYR

Comments

• Options
    Good to know; the U18's impressed against Chelski despite the result. All promissing for the future
  • Options
    CP said last night (sorry I forgot this) that Chelsea's U18 team cost 11m while we had three schoolboys in the team.

Terry, did your lad sign with us or Arsenal or is it still up in the air?
  • Options
    I'll let you all know in a few weeks ;-)
  • Options
    Lol good man al

Mate I put one of the keepers in there his name is Craig can't think of his surname right now He played for my under 9s and Cafc approached me on tour in Hastings ( bert Dawkins was the scout who spotted him )

White kid mousey brown hair quality keeper would be in the under 13s

Would be a bit taller than your average but not 6ft 3

His dad was 6.6 and his mum 6.1

You don't know if it was him do you

• Options
    Good news,good news.
    Has there been a concerted effort with yhe Academy over the last few years ?
  • Options
    Bert is at our friends from Sellout now mate!!
  • Options
    I know a couple of the boy's over there now. They are about 16 now, really good players.
  • Options

Then after our boys had finished their session our U15s walked in, well I kid you not their couldn't have been a lad under 6ft (For all people who moan about the height of players coming in ;-)) they also looked quality!

COYR

Isn't this maybe where English football at international level struggles? We focus on "athletic" i.e. 5 footers fully grown at 15 types and ignore those who don't fit the profile?

Messi wouldn't have passed the height test ;-)