Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff lose £13.6M

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafckev said:

What hope is there for any club outside of the top four when Chelsea pay Cole a reported 200,000 a week!? Even if the reports i read were wrong and he is only on half that, football just simply cant keep it up.

I read that...thought Chelsea were trying to cut their wage bill ready for FFP?

• Options
    NugNug
    edited February 2013
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21604568

Could be the Cardiff Dragons next season if they go up. What on earth has happend to football, it's soul is dying bit by bit. Maybe I'm getting old but I don't see this as progress. FA Cup is meaningless, only 2 teams can win the Premier league and getting 40pts is the aim of the overwhelming majority of teams. And now years of history and heritage chucked out by a group of businessmen who'll be gone in 5 years. Charlton Knights anyone?
  • Options
    Like ours in a sense the Cardiff fans won't care what happens whilst they stay successful...
  • Options
    ............but I can't see any way our fans would tolerate an owner blackmailing fans with withdrawing funding unless we agreed to changing our red shirt to BLUE and the sword to a LION..............can you??!! This forum would self-implode!
  • Options
    wdnt it be the invicta horse? good job its red background :D
  • Options

Like ours in a sense the Cardiff fans won't care what happens whilst they stay successful...

What a sad statement that is. Personally, having gone to Charlton 35 years and being 3rd generation fan I would give up if nexct season we played in blue home kits and were called Charlton Dragons.

What disgusts me most is that the owner has basically said he would only do it if they are promoted. Why, cause then he knows mug fans will put up with this kind of ridiculousness.

• Options

One thing that i cant quite grasp is what is the 'pull' for all these foreign owners, who have no heritage with the clubs they own to keep dipping into their pockets? - i'm immediately thinking along the likes of Lerner,Malaysians(Cardiff), Venkys,Berylson at Millwall-probably many other better examples that no doubt you guys will inform us of.
    If Slater and TJ are having to pull out from behind the sofa a million a month to keep the club afloat then you would expect Millwall as an example with their smaller gate receipts to have even bigger debts to service.
    Just makes me think (after having worked for American companies for a loong time) that there is some other motive- dunno what it could be though.

The pull for potential owners is the Premier TV deal ... but Cardiff are in so much debt already that this will just stop them falling over rather than making them too much money - at least to start...
    What the owners don't factor in is the cost of acquiring and keeping hold of players good enough to keep them up there. QPR are showing everyone how to burn money but I don't expect anyone outside the top 6 (& Swansea) to be making any money...
    And when the Premier League deal goes up again next year, how much of that will go to players and agents?
    Expect there will be more details in the next edition of Charlton Trust News but around ten of the championship clubs (including Cardiff) owe an average of £70M EACH !!!