Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£157500.00

Is what Millwall have earnt in prize money from their two victories in the F.A. Cup, this does not include any gate receipts. In view of losses posted by clubs over the last few days a Cup run does help pay the bills and could fund some additions if so required. This isn't just a dig at Charlton, I just wonder how the opinions differ from Manager's to Directors/Chairman/Chief Exec's on Cup competitions at all clubs. If a club is top 2/3 in a league I could maybe understand that promotion is priority but anybody languishing in either relegation / mid table positions the possible funds generated surely must enter the equation.

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't agree more. At this level a decent cup run can fund a promotion push nicely. A decent cup run could produce as much cash as a years worth of season tickets if you get the right draws.
  • Options
    I think you are probably right,Steve, although in the past Airman demonstrated that home FA Cup games were loss makers for us, depending on the opposition and therefore the gate. But again, I think that was in Prem days.
  • Options
    what people now have to realise is since the sponsorship of the FA CUP prize money is available for every game you win, on top of gate receipts. So teams can earn 3 ways if they are televised as well.
  • Options
    Totally agree.
  • Options
    150k doesn't touch the sides really.

2% of our defecit last year.

But every penny helps - like supporters, rather than paid contractors, clearing the snow.