Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lords ballot

2»

Comments

• Options
    Do you think they're literally drawing the names out of a hat?
  • Options

Do you think they're literally drawing the names out of a hat?

Yes & they've probably fallen asleep.
  • Options
    yep, whilst eating cress sandwiches and twiddling their moustaches.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

My work is near Lords and this means I'll be commuting during the ashes with all those posh wallys in their clashing ties. Will annoy me more if I don't get to go!

I'll wave to you on the way past

I'll wave back to you but not in a nice way.
  • Options

yep, whilst eating cress sandwiches and twiddling their moustaches.

And tucking away a load of port.

Good on 'em!
  • Options

Brunello said:

My work is near Lords and this means I'll be commuting during the ashes with all those posh wallys in their clashing ties. Will annoy me more if I don't get to go!

I'll wave to you on the way past

I'll wave back to you but not in a nice way.
    And there was me thinking you were a lady

• Options
    edited January 2013
    the MCC wont let me be, let me be me, so let me see, have to watch it all on sky tv, but it will feel so empty without me.
  • Options
    Done. Finally. If you've not had an
    e-mail you ain't got no tickets.
    :-(
  • Options
    Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for applying in the ticket ballot for this season’s international matches at Lord’s. The demand for tickets for certain days was exceptionally high and I regret to have to inform you that your application has not been successful.

The M.C.C. Committee continues to believe that the ballot system, which shares the available tickets amongst as large a number of applicants as possible, is by far the fairest method of allocation. A vast number of tickets have been allocated in the ballot. Should any successful applicant decline tickets, return them to Lord's, or should tickets otherwise become available, the Club will conduct a second ballot on 28th March 2013. However, it is predicted that only a limited number of tickets will be included in this second ballot. All applications for tickets from those who have so far been totally unsuccessful will be included in that ballot.

There are still tickets available for the first and fourth days of the England v. New Zealand Test Match, which may be purchased by clicking the relevant link below. In addition, I have pleasure in offering you an exclusive discount on tickets for a variety of matches this summer, so long as such tickets are requested by 12 noon on Thursday 28th February. I do hope you will have an opportunity to visit Lord's at some point during the 2013 season.

Yours faithfully

D.M. Brewer

:-(
  • Options
    Yeah, got the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same here.
  • Options
    But there are tickets for NZ game or are you glory boys and girls?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    MrOneLung said:

But there are tickets for NZ game or are you glory boys and girls?

I went to a Lords Test in May 2012. I nearly died of hypothermia.
  • Options
    Two restricted view Ashes tickets in the Mound Lower for Day 4.

Better than nothing, I suppose...
  • Options
    My mate says tickets are going for over £300 on seatwave.
  • Options
    when is the next ashes in Australia?
  • Options
    Mike said:

when is the next ashes in Australia?

Next winter - as far as I know no dates have been set.
  • Options
    By having a quick look on the net some places suggest it starts November this year!! Back to back series, would be strange
  • Options
    None for me at Lords either. Not overly disappointed - seen numerous Ashes Tests at Lords since 1972 & saved £160. (My 16-year-old finds a day at the Test hard work anyway, but will watch any 20-20 game. A generational thing perhaps? Anyone else having the same experience?).

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I got two in the Compton Upper for a mate - but then I am an Associate Member ;-) I'll be there days 4 and 5 match
    permitting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the tickets - they always make them special
  • Options
    Spanish said:

I got two in the Compton Upper for a mate - but then I am an Associate Member ;-) I'll be there days 4 and 5 match
    permitting

Cheers mate, I owe you one there. Happy valentines day. X
  • Options
    Spanish said:

permitting

But your ticket is for Day 3 :-)
  • Options
    Love the tickets - they always make them special

Spanish said:

permitting

But your ticket is for Day 3 :-)
    I'm not going on the Saturday they're for a mate, I'll be playing for my club that day. As an associate member I'll get my pass for days 4&5.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Spanish said:

permitting

Cheers mate, I owe you one there. Happy valentines day. X
    Ahh amigo, they're not for you, Student has bagged those... Sorry Cabron