Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Judge,The Gaffer,Moo2 and Jamal.

No, its not tomorrows line-up at Woolwich Magistrates court - For my sins, i braved the elements (it was chucking it down in a gale) - and went to Krap NottarF tonight, mainly expecting to watch The Judge - however, ended up watching Moo2 and Jamal Campbell-Ryce, and then, with a cameo entrance (well, actually it was more of a cameo exit) from a certain Sir Chrissy Powell.

Ok, lets break this down into manageable parts for your consumption...

Judge - fairly anonymous in first half, but upped the ante in the 2nd (sounds perfect for us !), and was certanily the fulcrum of most things Notts C did - played just behind (or is it in front) of the front two, and looked very industrious - always looking for the ball, and when he got it generally was impressive in distribution without being too expansive.

Moo2 played the whole game , and looked compact and fit, and overall didnt have a bad game - certainly the Pompey fans took to him - but that wasnt hard considering the dross he had to play alongside, including one bloke in right midfield who kept refusing to pass to him (maybe him and Mo2 had had a training ground bust up ?!) In typical Moo2 style, kept pounding up and down the wing.

Also, JCR played for County and gave a good impression - always speedy and industrious down the wing without catching the eye too much.

However, the highlight of the evening was suddenly seeing Sir Chris rush past me on 82 mins on his way out of the stadium when NC substituted Judge- only for him to be ambushed by a certain Steve Claridge for a quick chat - i was gutted as he must have been sitting only a couple of rows behind me all game and i never noticed.

Oh well, SLP will no doubt have us buying Judge this week on the basis of this !!

Comments

• Judge is quality. He really stood out when we played them last season and I'm certain he could make the step up.
    Would be a great signing, now or at the end of the season.
  • Definitely after Judge then.
  • Seems strange to make a long trip to the south coast on a cold windy midweek night if we aren't looking at someone closely.
  • Interesting,looking at the team sheets there were no other players who would immediately be on our hit list.
  • I love the way everyone jumps to conclusions. Forget this Judge guy, CP is clearly intending to bring Moot2 back to where he belongs. ;)
  • Solly out Moo2 in as replacement before close of play tomorrow.

You read it here first!
  • LenGlover said:

Solly out Moo2 in as replacement before close of play tomorrow.

You read it here first!

more like JCR in as a left winger..........

• LenGlover said:

Solly out Moo2 in as replacement before close of play tomorrow.

You read it here first!

more like JCR in as a left winger..........

When we would resign a player we've let go?

Just wouldn't work out

: - )
  • One thing i forgot to mention - he has one hell of a shot - a 30 yarder from nowhere went whistling past the post. However, there was also another 30 yarder that went into Row Z.

BTW - last time i was at Fratton was approx 30 years ago (winning 2-0 in cup if i remember correctly) - and , the stadium has hardly changed. The one i was sitting in (South stand) was made of wood !
  • CP mentioned he was at the game on Talksport but, the crafty man he is, said he went to watch Pompey.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

CP mentioned he was at the game on Talksport but, the crafty man he is, said he went to watch Pompey.

Moo2 in Solly out.
  • cfgs said:

CP mentioned he was at the game on Talksport but, the crafty man he is, said he went to watch Pompey.

yeah , strange that he left the ground as soon as Judge was subbed !

Also, and i know i am thinking waaaaaaay ahead of myself here, but wondered if maybe County took him off as soon as they scored to make sure he wasnt injured to scupper his move to us ??!!

• Most likely he left early to miss the traffic...