Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What we lack: Is creativity in the centre of the park (discuss)

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
..the nearest thing we have to this is Ambrose, and he seems to have turned 'gayer' than Big Denise! How about we persuade Spurs to let us have Murphy back for nowt??

Comments

• Options
    creativity in the centre of the park is not an issue if you have supply from your two wide midfielders, which we currently don't have.

the days of the 'attacking playmaker' appear to be diminishing. How many in the prem can you name in the centre of the park ?
  • Options
    We rarely play two out and out wingers though, what would you ideal central pairing be from the current squad?
  • Options
    Kish and Faye, at least until Pouso is fit and adjusted to English football.
  • Options
    Agree with Len there. Although if we dont play two out & out wingers then I'd like to play Ambrose in the middle instead. I think if we played two wingers & Ambrose we'd get slaughtered.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Kish and Faye, at least until Pouso is fit and adjusted to English football.

And then you would drop Faye :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Kish and Faye, at least until Pouso is fit and adjusted to English football.

And then you would drop Faye :-)

I missed the Portsmouth game as I was away but I heard Pouso looked OK. Got caught in possession a few times but was looking to play the right ball and may just need some time to adjust to the pace of the game - is this about right? If so I'd venture that we persevere with him as the only way to adjust is to play in the games.

Also, I fear for a team with a central midfield pairing of Kish and Faye - I'm not a Kish hater (nor admirer to be honest) and Faye has done OK since he joined but that pairing just doesn't have enough about it for my liking.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind us going for a 5 man midfield to accommodate Ambrose.

I don't think there is anything wrong with playing DB up front on his own as long as he was well supported by Rommedahl and Thomas/Reid from the wings and Ambrose from the middle.

The problem under Curbs was that everyone seemed to be so preoccupied with defending that DB was left isolated.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Exactly what I'd prefer BarnDoor...Benty has always looked more comfortable up front on his own & with support from the midfield. Plus we've got some very talented midfielders in Reid, Romm, Ambrose, Thomas and the formation would be able to accommodate 3 of them. Our best performance last season was Boro away in my opinion playing 4-5-1.
    Do it Dowie, grow some balls & drop JFH, he's past it & not interested.
  • Options
    How are we now doing with our injured/suspended players - are they available i.e. Reid/HH/Thomas?
  • Options
    This is the situation:

Charlton will welcome defender Hermann Hreidarsson back from a
    three-game ban for tomorrow's Barclays Premiership trip to Aston Villa.
    Midfielders Matt Holland (rib) and Bryan Hughes (groin) are doubtful,
    while Andy Reid, Souleymane Diawara and Omar Pouso (all hamstring) and
    Jonathan Fortune (toe) are slowly working their way back to match fitness.
    Djimi Traore (fractured leg), Gonzalo Sorondo (back) and American Cory
    Gibbs (knee) and winger Jerome Thomas (foot) also remain out.

Provisional squad: Carson, Young, Hreidarsson, El Karkouri, Fortune,
    Rommedahl, Kishishev, Faye, Ambrose, Holland, M Bent, D Bent,
    Hasselbaink,
    Holland, Ashton, Myhre, Sankofa, John, Walker, Lisbie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like I'd better take me boots along to Villa Park!
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    it certainly emphasises the point i tried to make a few days ago IMO.

We are clearly in the sh*t. Lets appreciate that, and not add to the pressure by expecting too much too soon.
  • Options
    must admit that I thought last saturday against pompey we were crying out for Andy Reid