Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens Park Rangers

Comments

• Options
    I'd be seething if i was a QPR fan reading this. 5 day training camp basically used as a piss up for the players and Harry took his wife and stayed in a different hotel to the rest of the squad!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-players-lift-lid-five-1738275
  • Options
    I have a few mates who are QPR and they are gutted at having Redknapp as manager and about some of the players they have got. There is a real hatred and resentment towards some of the players from the fans. One of the most hated was Cisse but luckily he has gone now.
  • Options
    Redknapp insisted his players had “trained harder on this trip than on any trip I’ve ever been on”.

He added: “We worked the maximum, man for man, worked our socks for an hour and a half, every day.
  • Options
    Is he being serious? Just shows the level of detachment he has from the real world!
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

I have a few mates who are QPR and they are gutted at having Redknapp as manager and about some of the players they have got. There is a real hatred and resentment towards some of the players from the fans. One of the most hated was Cisse but luckily he has gone now.

Why Cisse? He'd scored 9 goals and was top scorer? Not knocking, genuinely asking.
  • Options
    No discipline, lazy attitude, couldn`t give a f**k about the club, etc
  • Options
    Work with a QPR supporter, she's very worried and not happy at all about how the owners and club management are behaving. Pompey mk 2 written all over it
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Work with a QPR supporter, she's very worried and not happy at all about how the owners and club management are behaving. Pompey mk 2 written all over it

Slap her on the arse and tell her to put the kettle on, she'll be ok.
  • Options
    The only reason Redknapp is ever seen as anything other than a fraudulent shyster with no tactical nous other than 'spend other people's money' is because he butters up the red top journalists. If anyone else had the effect Redknapp has repeatedly had on a club's success and finances they would be one of the most despised men in the game, but he's got mates in the media that will polish his every stinking turd into a shiny diamond. I absolutely hate the *******.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sacking the manager in a hurry does you no favours... Harry and his mates might line up the players but it is the board who sign the contracts and the cheques. Not sure why they don't bring back that guy from Marseille - clear to me he could do a job!
    To think I was annoyed when those Formula 1 bods turned their back on the club closest to brands hatch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

are a hilarious football club.

QPR..... QPR.... QP Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
  • Options
    They will win today
  • Options

Sacking the manager in a hurry does you no favours... Harry and his mates might line up the players but it is the board who sign the contracts and the cheques. Not sure why they don't bring back that guy from Marseille - clear to me he could do a job!
    To think I was annoyed when those Formula 1 bods turned their back on the club closest to brands hatch.

He's exactly what they need in the middle. Am very surprised Harry hasnt brought him back, bearing in mind at one point he was considering bringing him to Spurs.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Winning 2-1 at Soton
    Jay Boothroyd, remember him?
  • Options
    Harry will save them
  • Options
    Spending 23m in january will save them, not harry although iam sure he will happily take the credit and, if they were relegated snd wentbust, none of the blame.
  • Options
    What on earth are Anzhi playing at?

"QPR are set to recoup virtually all of the £12.5million they spent on Christopher Samba with Anzhi Makhachkala ready to repay almost the entire fee for the safe return of the towering centre half.

Rangers took a huge gamble on the big-money purchase of the former Blackburn defender in January, with manager Harry Redknapp and chairman Tony Fernandes desperately hoping Samba could save them from the drop.

At the time Redknapp described the move as ‘an unbelievable signing’ and declared ‘Chris is just what we need. He’s a monster.’

However, things didn’t quite go to plan and the powerful 28-year-old did little to stop the steady stream of goals going in as the Hoops were condemned to the Championship.

Samba himself was guilty of some comical errors at times, particularly in the painful 3-2 defeat to Fulham which prompted him to take to Twitter to tackle QPR fans questioning his £100,000 per-week wages.

But his dodgy performances don’t appear to have been noticed by Russian club Anzhi who now appear willing to take Samba back for £12million, meaning Rangers will only lose £500,000 on the original fee."

QPR have had a right touch if this is true.
  • Options

Harry will save them

:-)

Any idea what they're charging away fans next season?
  • Options
    Anzhi didn't want to sell him in the first place, but he wanted to go, so they got the best price they could.

I'm not altogether surprised they're buying him back.
  • Options
    Steve McLaren to join coaching staff.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 'Samba affair' seems to have been a loan by any other name .. was the Russian season still going during Samba's time at QPR ?. Whatever. With para payments and 'arry's nous (yes, I rate his managerial abilities), QPR will be well up there next season, or should that be this season?
  • Options
    QPR have had a right touch if this is true.

What was the basis that he was signed on though? I could never quite believe that they were signing a player and paying those wages when they were in trouble and heading for the Championship. I wouldn't mind betting that this was nothing more than a glorified loan that would become permanent only if QPR avoided relegation. They didn't so he's going back.
  • Options
    I completely agree that it sounds like it was just a loan, but why not just announce it as such? Why tell the world you've paid 12.5m for him?
  • Options

The 'Samba affair' seems to have been a loan by any other name .. was the Russian season still going during Samba's time at QPR ?. Whatever. With para payments and 'arry's nous (yes, I rate his managerial abilities), QPR will be well up there next season, or should that be this season?

Nah, they won't be.
  • Options
    Samba was dreadful during the run in.........................overrated certainly as 12mill
  • Options
    QPR is the gift that keeps on giving at the moment.
  • Options
    Thought he was quality when he was at Blackburn, wondered why Wenger never signed him for Arse as I thought he was just what they needed.

Now we know why
  • Options
    edited July 2013

That image makes no sense whatsoever, wheras the deal did.

I'll take the opinion of Hiddink and Redknapp over @beardedgenuis when it comes to judging a player's worth :)

• Options
    QPR did, I suspect, have to pay his wages for five months (£2m) and he wasn't fit when he arrived there and I'm not sure how much he paid.

They were always going to be able and, obviously, willing to offload the players they signed in January. That was what made it less of a gamble from the position they were in.

The problems were the players they signed on long term contracts last summer - most of which will never leave unless QPR pay them off.