Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer work Sailing

My son wants to spend this summer working in the Med on Sailing flotillas as Deck Hand or whatever.
He has qualification up to Comp Crew, and is looking to get to skipper during the summer if not before.

Anybody got any ideas? Sunsail/Neilson etc. and how he goes about doing it.

Comments

• Options
    I was in Gibraltar many years ago, shopped and asked around and picked up a deckhand job for two ventures on a fishing drifter. It was amongst the hardest jobs I have ever had and that was in decent weather. Not quite a job with the Admiral's flotilla, but an experience all the same
  • Options
    He can apply direct on their website, alternatevely head into your nearest RYA training centre (if you're based in Kent try Bewl water) and they will help you out with contacts etc. Although I have never done it abroad, I worked at Bewl teaching dinghy sailing for a couple of uni holidays and they helped a few people out with jobs in Sunsail and other providers overseas
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    I dont live far from Sunsail's HQ, so i might go down there and make a nuisance of myself !
  • Options
    ...bring back some flares for RD. Thanks.
  • Options
    Two week on a trawler out of Anchorage can earn you £25,000.

• Options
    Day skipper needs a tough theory course through RYA. They do lots of evening classes. Also google crew wanted.