Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I can’t believe it’s not better?

edited February 2013 in Not Sports Related
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Better is an amusing little segment on Graham Norton’s Saturday morning show on BBC Radio2. Well it was……
The idea is that listeners send in names of singles they bought many years ago when they loved them, but upon reflection now realise that the song is actually awful. In fact when hearing the tune now they….”Can’t believe it’s not better?”
Well this feature has been running for some time and all the usual suspects have appeared like The Birdie Song, Agadoo, One Day at a Time and anything by Dollar etc. However the last two weeks have had two classic songs and people have ridiculed both, much to my annoyance. Echo Beach by Martha and The Muffins is wonderful and reminds me of a fantastic school journey to Scotland. That was two weeks ago but last week it got worse. Someone suggested Party Fears Two by The Associates, that is in my top 10 singles of all time.
One can only hope that tomorrow’s candidate brings the whole thing back into line, surely it will? ;-) Why not listen, it will be about 1015-1025.
Wam Bam!

Comments

• Options
    You realise we're playing Crystal Palace today ?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You need to be sat in doors to listen to the radio in the 21st century......?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Loved Party Fears 2. I've still got the album.Shame about Billy MacKenzie.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mackenzie
  • Options
    That so weird, the jingle for it came on me radio at the very same moment I read the title of this thread!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It Wam Bam!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You realise we're playing Crystal Palace today ?

Had me laughing!
  • Options
    A few years back I was working with a guy about 10 years younger than me and a lot of what I thought were classics he labelled as "cheese"... We also worked with a guy about 10 years younger than him... you guessed it, what the guy in his 30s thought were classic the guy in his 20s thought of as "cheese"...
  • Options

You still play that Fashion album I borrowed back in the 80's? Move on ;-)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Riviera said:

You still play that Fashion album I borrowed back in the 80's? Move on ;-)

I'm not sure if that's a serious comment or not.
    But I do have a compilation album from 1981 called Modern Dance, that has a track on it called Move On by Fashion.

Is that what you were referring to or is it a complete coincidence ?
    PS The Associates album is Sulk.
  • Options
    I don't do coincidences, all my comments are crafted for maximum impact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are you, or are you related to an elephant ?
  • Options
    Nothing by Fashion available on i-tunes.