Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Torres vs Sturridge

If only Chelsea had tried playing Daniel through the middle instead of persisting with Fernando. Ba and Sturridge would cause teams all sorts of problems.

Abramovich has done a lot for Chelsea but his obsession with Torres is costing them dearly.

Still stand by my bewilderment as to the appointment of Benitez too....

Comments

• Options
    Sturridge is a frustrating clown most of the time. He always starts well when he's brimming with confidence, but then his decision-making starts letting him down and he starts to drop off. Not saying Torres is much better at the moment but he doesn't have the strength or the consistency to be a proper lone striker. Suits Rodgers' style of quick interchanges between the front men better though
  • Options
    Sturridge's decision making will get better with games. He's hardly ever played to be fair....
  • Options
    Sturridge is clearly a very good player in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 type formation, playing the lone role may not be the best use of his abilities, and with Chelsea's talent in midfield, they are unlikely to play 2 up front.
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Sturridge. There aren't many English players around with his pace and skill. Though quite arrogant, he does seem a bit of a character.
  • Options
    2 completley different players and Sturridge woukd only suit Chelsea as killer stated above, Torres is more suited to the lone striker role. On his day Torres is one of the best in the world, sturridge although he has started well and proven to score he is still not proven enough for me. I'd go for Torres still even on current form, although i do rate Sturridge
  • Options
    It seems to me that Sturridge is on the up andTorres is on the way down. Benitez' appointment seems fantastic..........if you are a Liverpool supporter.
  • Options
    Sturridge has been a revelation at Liverpool. A super partnership with the excellent Suarez and thriving on service from Gerrard. The scousers are starting to show signs of becoming a very good side again.
    Torres? .. has become more creator than scorer. He and Ba could well become as good as (potentially) Sturridge and Suarez.
  • Options
    Sturridge had been awful every time he played for Chelsea. So greedy and was trying to hard to impress meaning he did all the simple stuff wrong. He was also played through the middle sometimes at Chelsea and still didn't perform.

Killer makes a good point, completely different formations and styles of play. Sturridge is not good enough to force Chelsea to change formation to accommodate him, especially when it'd mean you'd have to take Mata out his central attacking midfield role.

He seems to have matured though, and is actually willing to pass the football for the first time in his career. I wonder if he's still as arrogant as he was a few years ago, disgusting big ego. Don't mind big egos like Drogba/Ronaldo as long as you back it up.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I'm a big fan of Sturridge. There aren't many English players around with his pace and skill. Though quite arrogant, he does seem a bit of a character.

I don't see the arrogant side. He chose not to celebrate infront of the city fans out of respect even though they were booing him.

I like him and hope he breaks into the England squad, and on a consistent basis.

He forced his way out of Chelsea to play 1st team football and show what he is made of, honest pro.

• Options
    Rooney and Sturridge could form a very good partnership for England
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2 completley different players and Sturridge woukd only suit Chelsea as killer stated above, Torres is more suited to the lone striker role. On his day Torres is one of the best in the world, sturridge although he has started well and proven to score he is still not proven enough for me. I'd go for Torres still even on current form, although i do rate Sturridge

Unfortunatetely, that day is an awful long time ago. It's funny how some strikers have a golden patch when they can do no wrong, then due to age/injuries/confidence become ordinary again. Torres is like that, others include Fowler and Owen.

Others seem to stay consistent throughout their careers, e.g. Sheringham, Shearer, or.....Carl Leaburn, who never lost his scoring touch :-)
  • Options
    Your only as good as your last game