Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evening Standard TV Channel

Uum, so the Evening Standard has been awarded the franchise to run London's own local TV channel!
Here's what ofcom had to say:
Announcing its decision this morning, Ofcom said: “ESTV demonstrated the greatest understanding of London’s diverse communities by putting forward proposals which would allow representation of those communities whilst not excluding others as a result.”
So we look forward to there being equal coverage of Charlton and Arsenal then..........

Comments

• Options
    Arse Wenger reading the evening news... No thanks.

"Two men held up the local Co Op today in Lewisham but I didn't see it..."
  • Options
    Not one mention of the london Charlton palace derby in yesterday's toilet paper.

Loads about Balotelli though for some reason. Cant see his connection with our city?

Good crossword though.
  • Options
    I love wednesdays edition where i can browse propertys that only 0.1% of Londons population can actually afford.

• Options
    Sounds like the perfect cure for insomnia .
  • Options

I love wednesdays edition where i can browse propertys that only 0.1% of Londons population can actually afford.

If im sat next to a sort on the train Ill often just stare at the share prices page for a while and pretend Im a trader then get a pen out and circle a few of the luxury gaffs in the property section.

She doesn't know that i make my own lunch and buy my pants in primark. Winning.
  • Options
    And the society pages who went to what cocktail bash and saw soanso - whatever!

• Options

Having met you I think she would be able to work that out with a quick glance.

: - )

• Options
    Ha ha true.
  • Options

If im sat next to a sort on the train Ill often just stare at the share prices page for a while and pretend Im a trader then get a pen out and circle a few of the luxury gaffs in the property section.

Hahahahahaaha. Great post.
  • Options

love the ES magazine too where they advertise watches every other page that none of us can afford to buy

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who do you complain to about the watchdog?
  • Options
    ES is 'owned' by the son of a former KGB agent. Beware of propaganda TV and Russians bearing gifts
  • Options
    Aspire! Aspire! Aspire! Why support Charlton when you can support GLITZY CHELSEA? Why live in Zone 3 when you can live in LEAFY BAYSWATER? Why protest about appalling financial mismanagement when you can JOIN THE GRAVY-TRAIN? &c.
  • Options

(ahem)
    charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1162722/#Comment_1162722
  • Options
    I love the ES magazine , it keeps me up with what Sam Taylor Wood is up to this week. The sports section of the Standard keeps me up with what's going on at Anfield as well.
  • Options
    I recall when we ended the Huddersfield unbeaten 'run' and it actually was the main story on the back page. Felt like a defining moment for Charlton in the eyes of the press. It wasn't!
  • Options
    Nice one, love the standard (crossword)
    Didn't Benson write a weekly column when at charlton?
  • Options

(ahem)
    charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1162722/#Comment_1162722
    Haha