Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey feels he has been a scapegoat from one poor performance(another Shelvey thread)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8471984/Liverpool-s-Jonjo-Shelvey-feels-he-has-been-punished-for-performance-at-Stoke

My thoughts on this are, Shelvey was playing well when he was in the team and there is no doubting his talent... but Liverpool have come on alot since then and he should just knuckle down and wait for his chance!

Interesting some of the comments at the bottom of the fans views, similar to how it used to be on here some people want him in the team and some dont.

Shelvey the Marmite of football clubs?

Comments

• Options
    Cheeky loan bid please Mr. Powell.
  • Options
    Probably could have chose his words differently, even if he is just being honest.

As soon as a footballer turns around and says anything along the lines of "personal issues", they're always leaving themselves open to simpletons who just play the same old card - "They get paid so much money, wah wah wahh"
  • Options
    "work hard in training and hope the gaffer notices"
  • Options
    Having seen the Liverpool performance at City, he won't be getting in their team for a while yet.

Also never a good idea to air your grievances in the press.
  • Options
    I agree with that Chris, some are stating he should get in ahead of Allen & Borini. Allen i cant see getting dropped as BR brought him to the club and he is his kind of player, didn't realise Borini was in the first XI at the mo if im honest?

I always thought Shelvey was similar to Gerrard so cant really play together unless they are playing some sort of 4-5-1 but with 2 AM behind a striker, which with Sturridge on fire wont happen! Looks like he will have to wait for a dip in form or someone to get injured
  • Options
    Shelvey had Hendersons place, but let him back in and to be fair to Henderson, he has taken the opportunity with a few good performances and a well taken goal.

Is Jonjo's problem that he hasn't scored enough goals for an attacking midfielder?
  • Options

Cheeky loan bid please Mr. Powell.

Heard last week that SCP had made the phone call but the answer was no.

At least then it was then.

Might all be nonsense

• Options
    But would he suit us now, didn't really fit in when we had him. If he came back for the rest of the season how would people play him, would you change the whole team just to accomodate him?

Whether he would come back is questionable., Was it Sir Chris who sold him or Parky?
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson sold him, (probably under pressure from the board at the time) didn't play him as much as I thought he should have done. Tongue in cheek would be a great loan signing if we could pay his wages!
  • Options
    He went to Blackpool on loan so i don't see why he wouldn't come to us if given the option.

However, i can't see them letting him go as he's still in and around the first team squad every week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Probably could have chose his words differently, even if he is just being honest.

As soon as a footballer turns around and says anything along the lines of "personal issues", they're always leaving themselves open to simpletons who just play the same old card - "They get paid so much money, wah wah wahh"

Are you the secret footballer, Tom?
  • Options
    If you read what he actually said (rather than the journos spin) it's fair enough.
  • Options

cafctom said:

No, but hearing the same old regurgitated criticism at footballers does my head in. Its pretty much impossible for them to ever win, even though a lot of them probably are quite decent people. A lot of it comes down to jealousy though.
  • Options
    He won't be @ Liverpool much longer. He is not quite good enough. I can see him at Stoke or West Brom, perhaps Sunderland
  • Options
    I saw those Liverpool documentaries at the start of the season & Shelvey appeared to be "teachers pet". Rogers was always shown talking to Shelvey & bigging him up.
    The games I've seen this season, Shelvey was being played up front/just behind the front man & missed chance after chance. Basically, he was being played out of his best position IMO. I couldn't understand why Rogers persevered for so long.
  • Options
    He needs a loan to a lower Prem team. Someone like Wigan/Norwich etc where he will be playing week in week out against the same players. I don't think a move to the Championship would be beneficial to him in the long-term.
  • Options
    Come home jonjo and bring baby bent in your motor on the way down
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

No, but hearing the same old regurgitated criticism at footballers does my head in. Its pretty much impossible for them to ever win, even though a lot of them probably are quite decent people. A lot of it comes down to jealousy though.
    Oh it is possible for them to win. They can stay loyal to a club instead of chasing the dollar, or when they do, at least be honest about it - Odemwingie claiming he wanted to move to QPR for footballing reasons being a stand out recent example. Numerous foreigners who have always dreamed of playing for some mid-range team who have made it to the Premier League, and are then off like a robbers dog the moment they get relegated. There are an awful lot more Ashley Coles than Matt Le Tissiers. If the criticism is - and continues to be - valid, why not keep trotting it out? Bankers are still taking the piss, why should the rest of us stop pointing it out?
  • Options

I agree with that Chris, some are stating he should get in ahead of Allen & Borini. Allen i cant see getting dropped as BR brought him to the club and he is his kind of player, didn't realise Borini was in the first XI at the mo if im honest?

I always thought Shelvey was similar to Gerrard so cant really play together unless they are playing some sort of 4-5-1 but with 2 AM behind a striker, which with Sturridge on fire wont happen! Looks like he will have to wait for a dip in form or someone to get injured

Would this be the same Allen as Joe Allen who has started the last 3 league matches on the bench for Liverpool or another one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oi oi oi oi oi Shelvey Shelvey Shelvey.
  • Options
    Shelvey is Gerrards replacement. Needs a bit more drive though
  • Options
    MattD said:

The older Gerrard gets, the better he gets. He is almost that mythical figure .. the irrepalceable one. I dont see Shelvey as 'the man'
  • Options

MattD said:

The older Gerrard gets, the better he gets. He is almost that mythical figure .. the irrepalceable one. I dont see Shelvey as 'the man'
    Not saying he will get there, but that looks like its what they had in mind when they came after him
  • Options
    MattD said:

MattD said:

Not saying he will get there, but that looks like its what they had in mind when they came after him
    Not to disagree with you, BUT (lol) a t m Henderson would fit the bill better than JonJo. I think JJ will be away come the summer. Still prem but at a 'lesser' club
  • Options

Come home jonjo and bring baby bent in your motor on the way down

....yeah, and if you would not mind bringing your wages down in a couple of carrier bags too!
  • Options
    MattD said:

I'd agree with that, I'd love to see Shelvey do well there but he has to really make himself THE man and undroppable, that means scoring vital goals and winning matches for them.

If he doesn't start doing that in the next 12-18 months then he'll probably get moved on, sad but true.
  • Options
    Ahead of an outing for England's U21 side against Sweden on Tuesday, he said in "The Independent": "I played against Stoke and obviously I didn't have too great a game........... Has anyone seen this interview in the Independent on Tuesday?