Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brands Hatch

Anyone done the Rally driving experience?

Comments

• Options
    No, but I bought my Grandson the opportunity to drive a saloon car as he was approaching 17, and that was well received.
  • Options
    no - would like to, have done the BMW 3 series and Formula first single seater one round the track and was an amazing day, very well organised.
  • Options
    The rally driving is excellent, but the best you'll get out of it is how to handle a car when you lose grip. As soon as you think you've got it and try to speed up you go off - and I wasn't the only one.

Much more fun are the driving experiences, where you get to try a whole range of exotica and drive fast and safely without ending up facing the way you came after every 100 yards.

Rally drivers are probably the most skilful of all those in motorsport.
  • Options
    Yes, i have and so has the other half. We both loved it, but time goes really quickly so make the most of it.
  • Options
    Thanks gents, I've booked it for the Mrs for her birthday.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

The rally driving is excellent, but the best you'll get out of it is how to handle a car when you lose grip. As soon as you think you've got it and try to speed up you go off - and I wasn't the only one.

Much more fun are the driving experiences, where you get to try a whole range of exotica and drive fast and safely without ending up facing the way you came after every 100 yards.

I think those that race in WSB and Moto GP will disagree.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Addickted said:

Yeah, I am not sure if it is 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

Didnt Colin McCrae try and F1 car a few years back and was a fair way off the pace. But then Jenson Button did that promo thing a few years back with Prodrive and blitzed a stage on the Rally of GB.
  • Options
    Valentino Rossi has won points in a WRC round before, though admittedly has failed to finish a few. Horses for courses really.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Addickted said:

Yeah, I am not sure if it is 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

Didnt Colin McCrae try and F1 car a few years back and was a fair way off the pace. But then Jenson Button did that promo thing a few years back with Prodrive and blitzed a stage on the Rally of GB.

McRae was bloody quick on a bike, did a track day years ago and he was there, but he was well of the pace. Chris Walker (WSB race winner) was there as well, McRae couldnt get any where near him. Vale Rossi, will be competing full time in rallying in a couple of years, he already does a few stages and will be there or thereabouts.

Bike racers find the transition to cars easy, Car racers cant get close when they try it the other way, Schumacher being a prime example. Damon Hill commented that bike racing is so much harder than cars.

I love motorsport but bike racing is where the real skill and bravery is at. IMHO.

• Options
    If anyone is thinking of booking a race experience I've done Brands Hatch and a few others and for my money it's the best track to watch racing. Being taken round to start with by a professional giving it the full treatment is awesome.
    But sadly compared to Siverstone it was a pants experience. The track is tight and they restrict your revs and your speed for safety. I was black flagged for going too fast round Clearways in the single seater.
    Silverstone was much more fun, better cars and you can lose it without causing any problems.