Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans encouraged to come forward

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
Have just been in conversation again with the Football Supporters Federation re: Palace policing and been asked to make Charlton fans aware on here about their service and how they can help to resolve any issues regarding the Police. In her words "if people tell us then we can do something about it". This goes for any match in the future not just Saturday

Her contact details are;

Amanda Jacks
E: amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk
M: 07703 519555

She said she was aware of the trouble and damage on Saturday having researched the forums, online articles and twitter ...and said she picked up on quite a bit of unacceptable bits of news such as Police dogs being let off the leash. So if you have any issues you think need addressing give her a shout, she's been a star.

Comments

• Options
    not sure if it's a police matter or not. but my wheelie bin has been pushed on its side by vandals. do you think there is anything she can do? i got a feeling it was charlton fans.
  • Options

not sure if it's a police matter or not. but my wheelie bin has been pushed on its side by vandals. do you think there is anything she can do? i got a feeling it was charlton fans.

Binman on his rounds and comes to a house that hasn't put their rubbish out.

He rings the door and a nervous looking Chinese guy answers the door. "Where's your bin" he asks "Oh, sorry, me been in shower replies the guy"

Sensing the language barrier, the binman asks the guy "No sorry, where's your wheelie bin"?

"Oh ok" replies the guy "I wheelie been having a w*nk"
  • Options
    Ha that's one of my all time favourites Dave
  • Options
    class
  • Options
    I come backwards once very odd feeling
  • Options

Amanda does a lot of good work for football fans, especially travelling fans who regularly get treated like shit. She & the FSF have done a lot to overturn unfair bans, get better dialogue between fans & police, etc. Not sure why you treat it as a joke.

Everyone gets caught in this whole belief that football fans should be treated like animals. If we behave like it then yes, but many a time it's the police who are running on andrenalin, batons out, numbers covered ready to provoke a reaction, if they've gone over the line outside of Selhurst then it should be treated as such.

• Options
    Good call, SLL.

Our own Chairman agreed with your statement on Tuesday evening and was himself a victim of such , albeit not in the UK
  • Options
    I thought grassing was bang out of order

: - )
  • Options
    I saw a steward run and barge a bloke out the way from behind and then proceeded to put his head in the Charlton fans face and say "you think you're hard do ya?". This was at half-time if I remember rightly. He had number 221 on his jacket, quite a big bloke, grey hair and dodgy black sunglasses round his head. The Charlton fan had been a bit gobby to Palace fans right infront of the Police - that was it - nothing else. I think the other stewards soon realised that a few of us had seen it and they ushered him away. The police did nothing.
  • Options

Amanda does a lot of good work for football fans, especially travelling fans who regularly get treated like shit. She & the FSF have done a lot to overturn unfair bans, get better dialogue between fans & police, etc. Not sure why you treat it as a joke.

Everyone gets caught in this whole belief that football fans should be treated like animals. If we behave like it then yes, but many a time it's the police who are running on andrenalin, batons out, numbers covered ready to provoke a reaction, if they've gone over the line outside of Selhurst then it should be treated as such.

Well said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You got her on speed dial?
  • Options
    Oh Mandy...
  • Options
    The only issue I have is the boneheaded pricks that thought it was funny to smash up the toilets. Might call her about it .
  • Options
    Who would win, Charlton stewards or Palace stewards?
  • Options

Who would win, Charlton stewards or Palace stewards?

Speaking of which. Did anyone else notice on the way in that some of the stewards had the charlton badges on the front like at our games?
  • Options
    yeah they were brought in i think to give extra support and probably to also recognise any trouble makers
  • Options
    Didn't see that but I was chatting to one of them at the beginning and he was happy enough.

I asked him at half time how he was doing and he just gave me a resigned shrug. Can't be fun to have to put up with all that.